disable hibernation on toshiba laptop?

Devin5801

Beta member
i have a toshiba laptop and i want to disable hibernation and it won't let me do it through windows xp power options and it says to use toshibas power save or something like that, does anyone know how to disable it?

Same old question by me too.

Just acquired a Toshiba laptop for nothing and am trying to figure out how to keep the A35 laptop from going to hibernate when I close the lid.I also have the Toshiba power settings in the control panel,I'd rather use XP's power settings(it has many,many more options),but I can't get into it,the XP power settings,it just appears as gray ghost image.

Is there any way I can get into the XP power settings? And bypass the Toshiba Power Management?

Open start menu, type CMD, right click on what shows up (should be command prompt) then type powercfg -H off

I have had to do powercfg -H on many times for some reason.

XP is also the same, but open the command prompt through however you do that in XP. I actually forgot because it's been so long since I've used XP.

Open start menu, type CMD, right click on what shows up (should be command prompt) then type powercfg -H off

I have had to do powercfg -H on many times for some reason.

XP is also the same, but open the command prompt through however you do that in XP. I actually forgot because it's been so long since I've used XP.

Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

The A35 is about 7 years old and has a lid switch that makes the computer go into hibernate when closing the lid (A prong on the screen side pushes down on a contact on the keyboard side when you close the lid,you can push a pen on the contact and make the computer hibernate if you want).

A crude way to save your battery.

I just want to be able to close the lid and receive downloads or whatever.I keep the thing plugged in anyways.

Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Power Options.

You'll find the power saving options here. Check out the Hibernate tab and un-check the tick box.

...or to stop the computer doing anything when you close the lid, hit the advanced tab (I never understood how that was advanced) and select "do nothing" by "when i close the lid..."

Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Power Options.

You'll find the power saving options here. Check out the Hibernate tab and un-check the tick box.

On this machine I have Start > Control Panel >Power Options,when you click Power Options you get a window that says "To adjust power management setting,close Microsoft Power Options and use TOSHIBA Power Managemnt...OK.If you delete this message by clicking the red X,You go into Microsoft "Power Option Properties",(Yay),but as soon as you click something the window page turns gray and becomes inactive.

So,then I close out that and click on the "Toshiba Power Management" icon.
A window opens with "Toshiba Power Management Utility".It has far fewer options than "MS Power Option".

In Toshiba Power Managemet,if I click the advance tab,I get a page that includes "Power Buttons" > When I close the lid of my computer > With 2 options: None or Stand By.Both options do the same thing.I am looking for the "Do nothing" option that apparently doesn't exist.

Yes,apparently Toshiba has disabled the Microsoft Power Option.If I click on the big "i" it tells me:TOSHIBA Power Management Utility Ver 1.17.0.1

help.!

Uninstall The Toshiba Power Management Utility.

Ya, go into the add/remove programs (in the control panel) and remove the program from the list. XP will have no choice but to take over.

Also, there is probably a check box somewhere in the Toshiba Pwr Mng Util that will let you check/uncheck it to use it or XP's version. You could look around for it.

Back
Top Bottom