is this worth it?

all depends what you wanna do, and what ur budget is, so post back those things, and we can go on from there..

1337DuD3 said:
Try to get somethign with PCI-E...
i kno i should... but i was looking around, but i cant see anything for this price(remember, this includes the cpu).

arrizx said:
all depends what you wanna do, and what ur budget is, so post back those things, and we can go on from there..
well, it will be mostly for the "average tasks"
web browsing, word processer, AIM, email...
watching movies, recording(saving) my video recordings, listening to mp3's, lookin at my dcam pics...
playing some games... sims2, civilization4, rollercoastertycoon3...

i was estimating that i would spend about $700. give or take $100.

it would be:
$200 for this mobo/cpu
$100 for ram... 1gb or more
$70 for a video card... maybe 256, most likely 128mb
$70 for a hdd... sata 80gb? idk
$40 for a case/psu... nothing too fancy
and some other stuff.

edit: oh yeah, im buying this to make my own computer eventually, but till then, i will be using this mobo/cpu to replace the one i currently have in my cmoputer. i also need it to play some games... my current setup is too weak. :( so instead of buying a crappy graphics card for my current stuff, i would rather buy a mobo that i can upgrade later. i hope that makes sense.

i wouldnt cause its only a 754 and theyre startin to get really outdated its all about the 939 socket at the moment

gaming_freak said:
i wouldnt cause its only a 754 and theyre startin to get really outdated its all about the 939 socket at the moment
how much faster/better is teh 939 socket? and is the difference worth the money?

hey, also, if theres any motherboard/cpu combo thats about this price, and works for teh purposes i listed, please let me know. thanks

Back
Top Bottom