Americans!

Yes we pay to see a doctor but we can see which doctor we want to see and not a government run clinic. RainCheck is a term that started out in sports if memory serves correctly. When a game gets rained out and it's less than half over then the game is set for another time and a rain ticket or check is given to the paying spectators. It also is when there is a sale of some sort and a good merchant runs out of stock on an item, they may issue a chit or rain check to let you come back and buy the item at the sale price when it's back in stock. An old practist that is fading fast. It was good for PR and over all sales.
As for gas prices, if you drive you pay, if you walk you don't...

Swift said:
Canada's popular is 32 million people. Which is more then L.A

My bad... my Population class was wrong then... LOL... wow... but still... you'd think a country that huge would have more people.. but anyways, I love canadians. Got a couple in my school and they are crazy good at french...

jac006 said:
Yeah, no offense but Canada has like no people... there are as many people in L.A. alone as there are in the whole country of Canada...

No offence taken :) Note that despite having 'like no people' we are a member of the G8 and have supported more UN peacekeeping missions than any other country !

Although our lack of population is giving us soverienty issues up North as the Danes keep trying to claim islands off us http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans_Island
Plus if the North West passage opens or they find oil up there it could get really interesting !

MarxSoccer said:
Haha, we have a foreign exchange student from Germany and she's like, I don't get it.. here it's like a bad thing to go out and drink.. and we're all like yeah.. you gotta be 21:confused:.. And she said in Germany, that's what they do to "hang out" they go out and drink.. It was pretty sweet, she's a cool chick

Yeah around here (let's say in europe) it's not unusuall to have some (or alot, or too much :D) alcohol when hanging out with friends. I'm 16. I've been drunk many times. And that's the same with almost everybody.
Not many ppl wait to be 18 in here.

mammikoura said:
Yeah around here (let's say in europe) it's not unusuall to have some (or alot, or too much :D) alcohol when hanging out with friends. I'm 16. I've been drunk many times. And that's the same with almost everybody.
Not many ppl wait to be 18 in here.

Yeah same here.. Her and I have hung out quite a bit :p

Oh and by the way, don't ruin the 2gb of ram and the 6800 with an Intel :(

marx your 1 post away from guru! and yes gas is dirt cheap. my freind who visits once in a while from england he told me he pays like 5bucks a gallon or something. i htink he used to pay 100bucks usd to fill up his tank. with my car there i would crap my pants looking at teh receipt.

Umm, where in the hell did he buy gas for $5.00??????? The most it's ever gotten is like $3.50 or something like that.

jac006 said:
Yeah, no offense but Canada has like no people... there are as many people in L.A. alone as there are in the whole country of Canada...

My bad... my Population class was wrong then... LOL... wow... but still... you'd think a country that huge would have more people.. but anyways, I love canadians. Got a couple in my school and they are crazy good at french...

Wow, there's a couple "Americanized" quotes for ya. Who's honestly making it as teachers down there?! First off, as it was already said, there are definitely not 32 million people living in L.A. Secondly, the reason why so few people live in such a large country is because 64% of the country is located in the arctic and a large portion of the rest is located in a similarily cold climate so you tell me how many people would like to live in those areas? Populations tend to centralize around areas of a warmer climate and thats just something Canada does not have too much of, unfortunately. And lastly, you do know that less than half of Canadians speak French right? We're not all French up here.

Yes, America is one of its kind. It can be a culture shock for those that never experienced american life. It's like that in every country though. But since I'm an American, go USA. Team USA basketball better go all the way in the next summer olympics.

We have the freedom to pick whatever doctor we want as long as they're within our insurance coverage. I have Kaiser medical insurance while others here in California use Blue Shield. Gas prices here have gone down SIGNIFICANTLY. Way down. I can fill up my tank now with less than $20. I save $8.00, lol. Whopee, now I can blow that on pizza.

Back
Top Bottom