Omfg Dial Up!! Ahh!!

LOL that's still pretty good, 9mb for me would be about an hour and a half download.

wow i havn't had dialup in over 3 years :p i was soooo glad when we finally got high speed internet, although it was a pain in the a** to get it 2 work because we hadf 2 call the company (cox) and they came out like 3 days later and it didn't work until a week after we baught tha damn thing lol. s'all good now though :p i did go 2 north carolina near ashville though 2 my dads best friends house and he can't get high speed where he lives eather so he had dial-up and when i used it, it was horrible....simply put. not only did it have spyware but it only ran at 26kbps i think it was....god it took over a min just 2 download a 1024X768 picture....i just about died, but it's better than no internet at all i guess...

ya, my friend has a 1kbps modem

he has high speed but it is from like 1963 or something

ya microsoft was in 1985 or something

woah, wtf 1kbps modem?
ouch... im going to keep my mouth shut on this one, it could get me in trouble, lol..

Same, me smells somthing fishy.

Um btw the first form of the internet was laid in 1858 with the altiance cable. It was just a phone between the states and the rest of the world. However it only laste d a few days. In 1868 they did it succesfully.

1957-1971 it was in development with the gov. 1972 they had a public demostoration. It waws nothing compared to daiil up.

Really in 1973 the internet was useable in a uni london in england. We did have e-mails in 1976 but once again it was pretty limited. By 1977 we did have ISPs. 1979 the first community was "formed" The internet that we know today (slowest speeds 56k) was founded in 1986. They did have highspeed too but it was for unis to take adv of only. 1988 they had a 1.54 MBS connection avaible to the public. Also IRC came out then. In 1990 the first internet ARPANET shuts down. Really the first user friendly intenret came out in 1991.

Really your friend COULDN'T have a connection of 1 KBS. Lowest offered today is 56k. If you divide up a 56k enough then yes you may go lower. But 1 KBS is extreme.

http://www.netvalley.com/archives/mirrors/davemarsh-timeline-1.htm

Sure he could i mean, He could be infested with spy ware, virus problem.. alotta other factors too..

Back
Top Bottom