Post your Super Pi (Mod) times here

I'll have a look for Linux and Mac versions. You may not be able to get the extra mod to 3 decimal places, but I may be able to find one with just the time :D

31.73 - A64 @ 2.7, Twinmos CH5 DDR400 @ 270MHz, DFI sli-d, Stock hsf

super2.jpg

Well, I get 46.5s on my P4 3.0GHz HT 800MHz FSB (stock, not OC'd), 1GB (2x512 Dualies), P4P800 Socket 478.

HOWEVER, I think this is a terrible benchmark for Hyper-threading machines, check out my CPU usage !! Only 50% !?!?, the rest is idling. Definitely a pointless test if you have HT or a Dual-Core Intel as I'm testing half my CPU versus a complete core of a non HT... When I try calculating more digits my temperature harldy rises ;)

pi.jpg

55.526s

P4 3.OGhz northwood
512 ddr400

And yes, must agree with mech. Never saw my cpu usage go above 60%. I think 56% is the highest it got to.

What happens with P4s is that it runs both cores at around 50%, so that they don't get any advantage from dual cores, as it's meant to be a CPU tester, and it wouldn't be fair if one CPU was worse but because it was dual it got a lower time.

I'll get those scores up now :p

Oska, what are your specs? I was getting 51 seconds at stock (1.8ghz)

And mammikoura, what motherboard do you have? Use Everest or CPU-Z to check if you can.

Some Fujitsu-Siemens one. Quite crap.

But shouldn't the cpu test take advantage of everything the cpu has? If u have a dual core cpu would it be fair if it only used 1 core? Then it won't give u the real performance.

and btw, there is no difference in the normal Super Pi and this Super Pi Mod. Atleast the times that I get are the same. My version of Super Pi (not the mod one) gave me 55 seconds (it rounds it up to the closest second) which is very close to the one this mod version gives me.

Back
Top Bottom