I got fooled!

lhuser

Golden Master
I got my wireless keyboard and mice like one of you guys know...well, I got it for $80...originally $125...Well, the same Keyboard was $49 EVERYWHERE ELSE!!!! He told me that he won't get profit...well...he was applying pressure on me and all that...to make me feel guilty. I came back with the keyboard today and instead of recieving my $80 back, I get my 160GB HDD an my P4 CPU back...that I sold for $60...The remaining 20 was for someone that brought the 20X CD drive and the HDD for the lappy... He left it there...so I now know that it is going somewhere and it is worth it.

Now, tat guy makes me feel guilty..the manager, an old lady that doesn't know anything on comps were trying to fool me, make me feel guilty and applying pressure. They say they sell quality...well, Star Tech is good...but I saw them at a much more lower price. Like, the acrylic case at $240...well...I saw the same at $40 at Tigerdirect....that $200 of theft....

Now, in conclusion, I will never EVER buy anything and come visit them anymore. Enough of scam :mad:

wats store name? just so i never go to them being i dont have 200 dollar excess for a 40dollar product.

Must be one of those 'mom and pop' stores or a hole in the wall place. I hate how they rip people off. Hell, PC Club rip people off too. Those dumbass techs think they can OWN me? Pshhh, I caught them off guard a couple of times since I've been in there. Make them look bad, lol.

I know. We have stores that do that. If you know what your talking about you can normally figure out its a scam. When they got the 7800 out. They were selling for 750. I saw it and was like wtf. Also a guy was going buy it till I told himt to newegg. Buy it for 599. Pissed the owner off :) When I start building computers for my business. My mark up is 10%. So if you get a 1,500 dollar computer in parts you pay 1650 which really isn't that bad of a mark up. I've seen much higher. THe parts include OS. I don't count shipping in on the mark up. THat will be tooken out. So if you were to buy a computer for me which cost you 1,500 in parts and 70 in shipping you'd pay 1720 total.

TRDCorolla said:
Must be one of those 'mom and pop' stores or a hole in the wall place. I hate how they rip people off. Hell, PC Club rip people off too. Those dumbass techs think they can OWN me? Pshhh, I caught them off guard a couple of times since I've been in there. Make them look bad, lol.

Yeah, it is annoying how they pressure you to buy it, but then you have to realize that they can't survive without it thanks to all those bigger companies like Best Buy, Fry's, Newegg.com, Zipzoomfly.com etc. If they didn't get more money from the sales, they would be dead. But yeah, it is annoying sometimes.

Some stores are like that. I mean somtimes thye need to jack up the prices to survice. One store said all they really need is to make llike 600 or so a day and they'd be abhle to break even. With a nice profit. That 600 thought is profit not how much money they took in.

Feircepc said:
wats store name? just so i never go to them being i dont have 200 dollar excess for a 40dollar product.

PMed

I'm kindof confused. Instead of getting saving that money....they gave you a hdd and a cpu?
I solde them for $60..a rip off there too...but I needed money. Instead of giving my money back for what i sold, they gave me what I sld to them...Welll...back to start...

This thing would be like $200+ there...and If I check for something like this to my trusted store...well, it'd be like $50...I mean c'mon...they can make profits, but not scam us!

$200...without PSU

Sorry for double posting, but here's the prices in general:

a 40GB Samsung HDD 2.5" ATA/100: $150 (Now days, $50-70)
a 120Gb Samsung HDD: $299 (Nowdays 119-129)
An ABIT K8N series: $205-335 (Nowdays 169-200)
A Geforce 5200: $140 for 128MB, 180 for the 256MB (Nowdays 59-80)
An ATI X850 : 739+ (nowdays 500+-650 MAX)
An AMD 64 3200+ S754: ~$239-300 (Nowdays 175-200)
Wireless headphones with micro from Cyber Acoustics: 80 (Nowdays 50)
A samsung 512MB RAM: ~150 (Nowdays 50)
Windows XP: 350 Full (Nowdays 300?)
A Canon IP1500: 159 (nowdays, the IP2000 is 69-89!!!)

BTW, I don't want this thread to be shown to Google...mostly the link...I don't want no troubles...but he deserves what he gets

Back
Top Bottom