My computer simply wont run fast...

ok, a little simple one, are all the drivers the latest and is the computer fully updated?

I believe so rusbo, I went to radeon's website and updated my videocard, and I update windows regularly.

Ok quick question, do the games run slow in single player also without connecting to the internet? If so how are you connecting to the cable modem? Are you Through a router or directly through the Modem? Also are You using the correct type of cable? If it's a usb cable make sure u havea 2.0 cable, and if its an ethernet cable 9similar to a phone line) make sure it's category five.

It slows both singleplayer and online, I run through a router, but I can still download fast so I doubt it has anything to do with the download speed, and when watching my FPS it is very low.

hmmm, this is really odd.

I have another test for you if you can be bothered (if it was me I would have just smashed it by now).

download this and run it:

http://cpuinfo.visualware.com/

And then post the result.

Try downloading a program called sisoftware Sandra (i think there is a free version) and run the cpu arthemtic benchmark (hopefully you will be able to using the free version).

This test allows you to compare your cpu performance with the same cpu running at optimum speeds, this will let you know whether the cpu is running correctly

from cpuinfo I got 2600.0Mhz and memory: 797MB/s, and Sandra didnt work for me.

ok when u play these games what are the graphics settings at? like whats the resolution and detail etc?

I have tried all different settings, the default (that it chooses for oyu based on your system) are pretty high, but when I get low FPS I tried turning it down a little lower and it was still low, all the way down to the absolute bare minimum (like 800x600 with everything on low), and I still get low FPS and it still feels really freezy.

I even get a little slowdown sometimes on older games like cs 1.6, even when my ping is only like 20 (only at times when theres like 10 people on screen though and alot of shooting.)

Well, your mobo doesn't have a real gaming shipset... SIS won't make what you want. I'd suggest to upgrade the motherboard to a P4P800...or if you have more money, the P4C800

Intel chipsets are exellent for gaming with Intel

Back
Top Bottom