Major scare

Osak

Daemon Poster
Ok i was OC'ing my CPU (3200+) and it was my first time OC'ing, i was going by all the rules, move up in 3mhz increments slowly, ect. Well i got it up to a good clock speed (only 200mhz faster) and i saved and left the BIOS, but when it went to restart i just stayed at a black screen (moniter didnt even turn on) so i freaked out and opened my case (after the computer was off) and cleared the COSMOS, rebooted and it all seems to work fine. I was woundering if i did the right thing buy resetting the COSMOS?? Also why did my OC go bad?!

Your CPU range was too high for your CPU to handle. It is fairly normal. It does it when I OC form 133MHZ to 160+MHZ

You did the good thing also. A CPU has a limit that can handle. After than, the CPU won't startfor security...unless you want to see a burned CPU

Ok now im having problems wiht my internet ever since i reset the COSMOS my internet will work for s short time then go out but only the broswer will go out i cna still connect with online gmaes and such but Internet explorer and firefox will not load my homepage or any other page..

Anyone have any idea on this, seems like it cuts out almost 10mins on the dot lol! and when i restard it will work again for 10 mins

Go back to your BIOs and set it the way it was before you OCed. Asfor your problems, I had something like that too. It just came back by itself

That would have don eit too, but maybe he had a different setting than the Default settings

Osak said:
Ok i was OC'ing my CPU (3200+) and it was my first time OC'ing, i was going by all the rules, move up in 3mhz increments slowly, ect. Well i got it up to a good clock speed (only 200mhz faster) and i saved and left the BIOS, but when it went to restart i just stayed at a black screen (moniter didnt even turn on) so i freaked out and opened my case (after the computer was off) and cleared the COSMOS, rebooted and it all seems to work fine. I was woundering if i did the right thing buy resetting the COSMOS?? Also why did my OC go bad?!

Chances are the OC didn't do so well. Good work on clearing the CMOS. Exactly what I would've done and did that like 4 times already with my PC. Experimenting with OC that are too high or unbalanced OC can result in freezing up at the start. Cleared CMOS will always work. The HT is probably at max already and locked so you can't go any higher. Did you change any of the RAM timings? A 200MHz clock shouldn't freeze it up unless, it's getting too hot or something like that. Have you bumped up the voltage?

Well i set the the BIOS up as they were before i OC'ed and its still was doing the same. But now it seems to be working fine. TRDCorolla, i just raised it 200MHZ and it froze on boot up, didnt change the voltage or mess with the ram settings..

Back
Top Bottom