What Operating System

I think xp pro supports more memory than home, up to 4 gigs, i believe, correct me if im wrong. if im right, thats worth it in itself.

Andy87 said:
I think xp pro supports more memory than home, up to 4 gigs, i believe, correct me if im wrong. if im right, thats worth it in itself.
that has nothing to do with XP, it all depends on how much RAM the motheroard can take

depends what you will use the pc for. if its just going to be used at home for games, internet, etc then go for home. professional is just an add on for people who need the functions it has to offer.

I think Pro offers a lot more networking and security features. The Home version assumes that you probably have one, maybe two, systems that you want to hook up and so the networking options are toned down. Pro assumes that you're in a corporate or large networking environment so it adds much more security, expands some memory limitations, and such.

You're probably fine with Home unless you want to do some large networking projects.

Well i agree but yet i have pro on both of my two home systems and they have security issues even with the extra benifits. not that u can't get more security but i have definatly seen the help that pro gives. i think it's worth the extra. u can never have 2 much security!

Back
Top Bottom