Xbox 360 report.

SilentScope said:
Yeah, the console is able to produce great GFX, they just need games that have the GFX. Remember when PS2's GFX sucked, and then they got better?

IMHO they got worse, just compare the difference to Gran Turismo 3 (September 2001) and the 3 GTA games - the graphics on those sucked hard.

But yeah, I still think that CoD2 on the 360 is a true shocker. My friend's got an oldish home-built PC with a GeForce FX5900 running at standard speeds, and he gets higher framerates with better graphics than the 360 version. Oh, and the controls on the PC are far better too, far more responsive, and far easier.

Go figure, as they say.

Depends what you prefer. I'm more for the analog sticks than the keyboard and mouse. I played the pre-release demo yesterday and it's on par if not better than most high-end PC's.

That analogy of games getting graphically better is especially true with the Xbox and Xbox 360. It takes time! Some people here are all, "Oh, the games suck, my PC is better." You guys have to realize that it takes time! Look at the Xbox. When Halo came out, it's graphics weren't THAT great (but gameplay was the best), then look at Halo 2. The graphics changed A LOT. Same with the Splinter Cell series...look at the first game and compare it to Chaos Theory. The change is noticable.

I agree my PC would compare to a Xbox 360. In fact my friend was like OMG its soooo cool teh graphics are intense. Really it wasn't somthing that I haven't seen before on a PC. Franky COD2 doesn't look much better then BF2 at max settings. And I got a medicore rig. Also FPSes are not somthing I enjoy on console. I perfer the mouse aim, shoot. Instead of glide and fire. Its much harder to shoot on a console then a pc. GTA is the onbly expection I can think of. R1 fire, kill contiue to next. My dad wants me to get me one. But frankly I told him it'd be a big waste since one I would play it for 10 mins, toss the control aside and hop onto a PC. Xbox 360 isn't a big deal to me. If i had the cash to toss around at it I would get it. As in if I was a millionare. I could ghet it now if I wanted too but don't want it. I perfer PCs.

The thing about gaming consoles is that they are much cheaper than an actual gaming PC. I mean a loaded 360 is like what? $450? Compared to a $2500-$3000 gaming machine, the 360 owns pretty badly. The cost of ownership is cheaper with a dedicated gaming console. Now a pure dedicated gaming PC on the other hand can take the 360 or the PS3 to school anyday. It will play with them for a bit, and go for the kill at the end.

Yeah, and I for one would rather play games on a games console in front of a TV than on my computer where I can get distracted with other things.

Plus, its cheap if you think about it for what you get! My computer with an 9800PRO wouldn't come close to what that can do... I'm sure when it moves along, even a game running on the 7800GPU (remember, games built for consoles indeed do look better than pc's running games built for PC at the moment) will run better on the 360, since the graphics chip should just be as good, or slightly better than it, just like the PS3's.

STRANGE THING:

I've looked around and realised that the core version of the console doesnt have the chrome on the DVD drive like the Premium version does... anyone else noticed that?

I do actually prefer the standard white one anyway without the chrome :p The chrome looks out of place in my view... more reasons to get the Core :D

yes microsoft lauinched too ealrly and didnt give games a chance to catch up
yes right now there is vertually no difference between 360 and ps2/xbox

however 360 will get better, look at some of the original launch titles of xbox
even if ps3 is slightly better, it wont make a difference at all, look xbox was way better than the ps2 and games that came out on both systems look EXACTLY the same, game desigers are gonna make it a little bit better for one machine, its a waist of time.
i dont think i wanna judge the 360 much until i get to play the new elder scrolls, thats gonna be my judging point, im buying it for my PC too so ill trully see which is better, PC or xbox...

Well I perfer PCs. Frankly i'd spend the money talk online, dl files and have a easier interface in my mind then a PC. Also I like PCs they are much more powerful and always more poweful. But your right the xbox would take a PC to school on price vs graphics. But a PC would school a xbox in graphics. But also the point between graphics and real life images is becoming simlier. They hae been times in the past where I look at a image and think o thats a cool picture. Then I look closely and you can see it was drawn by a computer but only slightly.

Not everyone has a big wall just for a projector. It's a luxury if you have the space for one, much less even owning one.

Back
Top Bottom