Americans...

Yeah and I'm willing to bet this is totally setup (noted by the most moronic phrases scrolling at the bottom of the video), or they just went around looking for the people with the absolute lowest IQ's they could find.

haha that video is awesome. i'm glad that there's still stupid people left in the world. :rolleyes:

its from an australian kids show called CNNNN. they basically mock CNN. and make up fake stories or they make jokes on the big topics going on around the world.

in this case, they went to america and talked to the americans about the war in iraq.

i personally think it speaks volumes about a lot of americans. No offence to anyone. but there are people like these people everywhere, not just america

Being a yankee myself and finding myself talking with a lot of other yankees, I think it's completely possible that this video wasn't set up. True, they cut out the people who knew something about the issues (and geography), but I've literally talked to some people in my own city who didn't know how to find Australia on a map. But I've also talked to people who could locate any river anywhere in the world. So it's very slanted (by exclusion) but not wholly inaccurate.

They should next ask yankees about their own history. That's really a shocker. I've had arguments with "educated" citizens who insist that the American Civil War happened in 1776; and those same people usually don't believe that the US ever fought against the British. Sometimes I literally have to get out a book and show them. And these are people with college degrees!

One of Jay Leno's best bits was from a few years ago. On July 4th he went out on the street (much like the show in this video) and asked people "What do we celebrate on July 4th?" Nearly everyone said "Independence Day". But when he asked "Independence from whom?" He received answers such as "Canada", "Mexico", "France", "Denmark", "The Indians", etc. It was funny and sad at the same time.

Thats soi funny... lol I loved that. Yeah seemed so setup, who wouldn't notice that.

Chris

That makes me sad about being american. Although I do agree with the guy who said we should invade canada :D

Back
Top Bottom