Building a computer for my uncle

I didn't say it wasn't possible to use it.. I said it was against microsofts terms of agreement. like I said in an above post that I work for computer repair / build company that is partnered with microsoft. A representative comes out from microsoft and sits us down to tell us a few rules and goes over the terms of agreement with win xp. In the win xp home version you are not alowed to use the same cd key on 2 different systems relating to there barebones. Regardless if anyone wants to disagree because they dont want it to be true doesn't change the fact its illegal to use em on more than 1 machine. I wish it were the other way around also cause I wouldn't have to buy a key for everyone of my customers. Don't make up false statements cause you want to disagree with someone, and why would you call someone a wuzzie in these forums? everyone here is very intelligent and even when disagreeing keeps it an intelligent conversation and no one resorts to name calling or degrading someone else. So if you want to do that I would suggest maybe another forum, or eventually no ones going to take you seriously. I know I wont.

prosser13 said:
It can be installed on more PCs than Home. I'll get a link :p

XP Home

1.1 Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Software on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer"). The Software may not be used by more than one processor at any one time on any single Workstation Computer.

Number 1 on the Eula. MeTzenAs, you are right

Direct from Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/eula.mspx

XP Pro

Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Product on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer"). The Product may not be used by more than two (2) processors at any one time on any single Workstation Computer. You may permit a maximum of ten (10) computers or other electronic devices (each a "Device") to connect to the Workstation Computer to utilize the services of the Product solely for File and Print services, Internet Information Services, and remote access (including connection sharing and telephony services). The ten connection maximum includes any indirect connections made through "multiplexing" or other software or hardware which pools or aggregates connections. Except as otherwise permitted by the NetMeeting, Remote Assistance, and Remote Desktop features described below, you may not use the Product to permit any Device to use, access, display or run other executable software residing on the Workstation Computer, nor may you permit any Device to use, access, display, or run the Product or Product's user interface, unless the Device has a separate license for the Product.

Again, you are right, MeTzenAs.

Direct From Micosoft

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/eula.mspx

why would you call someone a wuzzie in these forums?

Hmm, I agree. I guess that comment was aimed to me as well. If you where talking about, me and him being wrong on the "computer license" issue, well, the text above explains everything.

Thank you Mr. F. I'm not glad I'm right although it does feel good, was just trying to have an intelligent conversation, like we always do here and kinda got ruined with name calling.

Back
Top Bottom