Would you buy this computer case?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
What are your opinions in regard to this Antec case?

Antec SUPER LANBOY Silver anodized aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129145

11-129-145-05.JPG

11-129-145-04.JPG

I'm seriously thinking about buying this one. I like the Thermaltake Soprano case but I hate how they have the USB setup at the top of the case. Have you guys even seen them? The cables that lead to the USB ports is right smack in the center of the case blocking larger PSU's unit and possibly the motherboard too. So stupid.

Is that an LED grill or something in the front? That case is pretty ugly IMO, but not to say that it isn't good quality.

To be honest, it looks butt ugly. If you like the look, it's fine - but only if you wanna take it to loads of LAN parties. If not, get a better case!

The strap is ugly and if I were to get it, I would never have it on. Looks too gay. I don't plan on moving it around, but compared to a lot of cases I have seen, this one is decent looking. Not too scary and too bizarre looking. I just hate the fact that this case doesn't come with a side fan. You would think Antec would have one on the side too (maybe a 80 or 90mm fan) because it's a gaming PC, hence LAN Party. But the 2x 120mm fan probably makes up for it as air is directly flowing from front to back. It's got some good and bad points. Or maybe I should go with this:

Thermaltake Soprano VB1000SWS Silver Chassis: 0.8 mm SECC, Front Door: Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133146

11-133-146-09.JPG

11-133-146-01.JPG

Notice that stupid USB cable coming down the center from the top of the case. Man, who designed this case? That's probably the only thing that is bugging me from getting this one. I just hope that a good PSU can fit in there without those stupid cables getting into the way.

the antec case would look alot cooler in black imo, other than that, its a cool case...

TRDCorolla said:
The strap is ugly and if I were to get it, I would never have it on. Looks too gay. I don't plan on moving it around, but compared to a lot of cases I have seen, this one is decent looking. Not too scary and too bizarre looking. I just hate the fact that this case doesn't come with a side fan. You would think Antec would have one on the side too (maybe a 80 or 90mm fan) because it's a gaming PC, hence LAN Party. But the 2x 120mm fan probably makes up for it as air is directly flowing from front to back. It's got some good and bad points. Or maybe I should go with this:

Thermaltake Soprano VB1000SWS Silver Chassis: 0.8 mm SECC, Front Door: Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133146

11-133-146-09.JPG

11-133-146-01.JPG

Notice that stupid USB cable coming down the center from the top of the case. Man, who designed this case? That's probably the only thing that is bugging me from getting this one. I just hope that a good PSU can fit in there without those stupid cables getting into the way.

I love that case it looks so sexy!

The usb ports are the same on my case. I did have them just running next to the motherboard underneath the drive cages. Right now though I have them running underneath my motherboard. They havent been a problem for me at all. Im pretty sure they would be long enough to route them where you cant see them and so they are out of the way. I would go with the soprano, I really doubt the usb cables will get in your way.

Back
Top Bottom