Networking Problem. Need help ASAP!!!

Seeing as how no one decides to post in the Networking/DNS section. I think I'll state my claim here.

I'm having one heck of a problem with my sisters computer on my network. Needless to say it's frustrating the living hell out of me.

Here's what I have...

-DSL Modem in other room is connected to my router in my room
-My computer connects to the router
-My sisters computer is also connected to the router
-So through the router my DSL in the WAN port and our computers connected in the LAN ports.

Only here's the problem. My computer gets full LAN and DSL. Her computer earlier today had LAN and DSL, but after I did some defragmenting in the hard drives and Spyware S&D and Adaware 6.0 clean up, the thing decided to take a crap on me.

It says that the network has little or no connectivity. Why is this when on the router is displays full lights and full function, yet her PC doesn't get anything?

Help!!!!

This has happened to me numerous times. All I did was I reset the modem and the router. All connected fine...

Yeah I've tried that. Oh well I'll give it a shot once more.

Yeah that didn't do anything. Oh well.

I got this when I typed in ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : justin-a7801ced
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : myhome.westell.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : myhome.westell.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-D4-19-C6-72
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.xxx.x
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.xxx.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.xxx.xxx
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.xxx.xxx
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.xxx.x.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Friday, December 02, 2005 10:54:44 P
M
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, December 05, 2005 10:54:44 P
M

On the other computer I got DHCP Enabled : No and some other things wouldn't show. So clearly something isn't working. Please help!!!!!!!

Um, edit out ur ip adress, or else someone that dosent like you, may decide to toy with you.. and we dont need it for this problem. so take it out please..

As for the problem try unplugging it, hitting it a few times, and then try it again. It works with my D link router :D

haha yeah smacking it doesn't sound liek the best plan.

Here's an interesting tid bit as well. When I have the Automatic Find IP Settings, the thing won't connect to the LAN, but when I set one up, it does. Only it doesn't get any internet. Weird...

unplug power from router for 1 minute and plug back in.
a tried and tested winner with a Dlink router.
woz

After reading through this thread ... the feeling I get is that your DNS requests aren't forwarding. Is the DNS Server address the same as your DHCP Server address & Default Gateway? Should be. Is the ipconfig you listed from the pc that is NOT working or yours that is?

arrizx ... can't do much hacking with private addresses like 192.168.0.1 ... need a public address from 1337DuD3's ISP in order to get into his network. His ipconfig doesnt show anything that needed to be "x'd out" or edited.

So anywho I got it to work. I downloaded a program called WinXpFix and it restored some registry files and BOOM suddenly I had the internet after I set the IP to automatic and DNS to automatic instead of manual. But yes, thanks for replying and help me out through this really frustrating thing. Much thanks to you guys.

Back
Top Bottom