Not open for further replies.
Avery4jc said:
Pentium III @ 665Mhz
128MB of RAM
9.24GB hd w/ about 1.5 gigs left
integrated graphics card (2D of course)
52X CD-R/RW burner
DVD-Rom drive

I've saved up about $1400 but haven't decided on what to do. I'll go start a thread and see if you guys/gals can help me out.

wow that is like my crap old comp.

and cool when are you going to make that thread?

wait that icon for pictures? um, what is that, cuz that is the pic that i use to transfer my pics to my comp from my digital camera

Voodoo Child said:
wow that is like my crap old comp.

and cool when are you going to make that thread?

wait that icon for pictures? um, what is that, cuz that is the pic that i use to transfer my pics to my comp from my digital camera

It's just under properties for a folder in XP. It's not special just create a folder and right click on it and you'll see it.

I got a 292 which is not bad for the crap that I have.

Specs for right now:

Celeron 2.9Ghz (256MB L2 Cache, 533 FSB)
256 MB DDR 400 (3200)
80 GB Hard Drive
GeForce MX4000 128MB PCI Card
52X CD-RW/DVD-ROM

First of all, sorry for the double post but I am kind of upset.

I have the same exact specs except for instead of having 256MB of ram, I threw in a 512MB of Corsair Value Select that I just bought today. Is there any way you can dual channel or do you have to have two of the exact same memory?

Anyway the memory upgrade only brought me up 2 points and I am kind of pissed. Do you all think I should keep it or just return and stick with the 256MB until I can get over 1GB?

Do I need to put a blank CD in for the test to complete? Windows says there is no CD in the drive.

To be honest Jayj2k1 this is an awful benchmark. Take out the extra RAM, and run SuperPiMod (Google it). Then run it again with the extra RAM in. Post your screenies in a new thread. Even if that doesn't improve, you will see better loading times when you have been on the PC for a while. Don't listen to this stupid benchmark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom