Wireless Internet Card

yea, just get a router, preferably from netgear if u don't already have 1, and it has all the instructions on what 2 do. make sure the router u get is compatible with the card u get. if u can't find it u can go 2 their website. netgears it http://www.netgear.com ^.^

so then i need to buy 2 cards
I alrady have a card that will link lets see if i can find the nam................... It has a intel PRO 10/100 for connectivity to Broadband Cable/DSL atleast thats what the box says. So will a router work. with this card

hmmmmm im not getting what your saying but ill try to explain it again. right now I have a cable plugged into a router. But I want it wireless so I can move it down stairs. We already have two computers that are wireless but they don't work that good. so all I need is for my computer to send a signal. What would be the best way of doing that?

Edit: i finally got what you were saying. my fault i don't know what i was thinking. Yes its gos right to the DSL router.

MooseMan said:
in my personal opinion linksys is the WORST brand for wireless, as well as belkin(sp) i would get Netgear. it's inexpensive and all my friends use netgear and we have no problems, great signal strength and easy configuration settings. netgear also seems pretty compatible with other routers, like d-link inparticular seems to do well with netgear. Netgear will also work with linksys and belkin but usually has poor strength and mbps, but this has been when there has been pretty good distance from the router in both cases. None the less, my friend with linksys has had very bad luck with his linksys network and has very low strength and usually no more than 8mbps when he's only 1 room above the router. So my brand 2 go with would be netgear, followed by d-link!

alot of factors can come into play with interference. doesnt neccessarily mean its the router. i have a linksys router in the second story of my house, and my main computer i use is in my basement and i still get 75 percent signal. and most of the time receive 54mbps, and rarely only get 34. it just varys from building to building. and mainly linksys is good, because its easy to use, and has good customer service, which is why i recommended it for this guy

its definately good to have a USB adapter; you can use it for laptops and PCs and is easily movable between computers...i got a linksys router/usb adapter; after i messed with it for a long time, it seems to be working alright

could somebody pleas give me a link to what your talking about. Im not quite sheer i know what your talking about

Dude, i have a $3.00 wireless b/g 54mbs card from compusa, it's made by compusa too, and it works great, no complaints, so i woulsn't worry about the "best" unless you don't care about money because if not then go for it. By the way it was $3.00 because of their black friday deal.

Back
Top Bottom