msgbox "blah"

Yeah so I'm looking for help coding vb in notepad, the sites I can't understand because I'm horrible at coding. Basically I know

msgbox "Enter text here to prompt"

I want to know how to make a title and add more button options and please don't give me links or tell me to get vb, I would prefer help from an experienced user who can help with notepad.

Ok so far I have the following:

intReply = MsgBox ("Your system has encountered a critical error, Windows will continue to shut down your system." , vbCritical + vbOKOnly ,"System Failure" )

And I want to follow up, so far this is the image that appears when you click the .vbs file

error7ip.jpg

Basically I want to learn how to make hitting the OK button follow up to do something such as open a program or even restart the computer.

I also want to make it so when you go to the file on a sites directory such as say the files name was Dan.vbs and when you go to the site/Dan.vbs instead of showing the text actually execute the pop up. Can anyone help?

Computergen said:
did you even read my post?

edit - haha nevermind that link actually helped alot opposed to others.
Did you ever think that he gave you the link because it gave you everything you needed to know?

You should always assign a MsgBox() function to an integer variable ,this is used to store the return value. Message boxes can display multiple buttons, such as Yes, No, and Cancel. The return value will indicate which button the user clicked. Here is an example

You can see what button was pressed by looking at the integer value returned from the message box....

and example is like this...
Code:
intReply = MsgBox ("Do you want to quit" , vbQuestion + vbYesNoCancel ,"Log-off" )
msgbox intreply

'ok -6
'no - 7
'cancel - 2

if intreply=6 then 
msgbox "you pressed OK!"
WScript.Quit 
end if
msgbox "so you don't want to quit? thats a shame because the program ends here"

take out the line that makes it show them?

msgbox intreply

Computergen PLEASE tell me where you got that skin from (I think its a skin) I have been looking EVERYWHERE for it, it ROCKS!

Back
Top Bottom