best buy's seagate 120 GB hard drive

I actually work at Best Buy and that Seagate 120GB Ultra ATA hard drive was the one that we had on sale for $30 after the rebates for the Black Friday sale. I mean even though it is slower than a SATA or RAID hard drive, you still can't beat the extra hard drive space for only $30.

personally if u have SATA avalible 2 u then buy sata, it's alot better than ATA in my opinion. for 1 you don't have the thick cables, luckly for those without sata there getting the tube IDE cables. 2 u can place ur hardrive lower in the case usually because IDE is more restraint 2 the top usually. 3 SATA is faster. so personally SATA is the way 2 go, it will soon be the new standard anyway.

Moose is certainly right about the difference in SATA and Ultra ATA. By the way Moose, I like your PC man.

thx jay, i baught it(the HD) for $110 off of newegg over the summer and i've been pretty happy with it. the overall computer of corse i've baught overtime but the origional chunk, being cpu mobo case(which i have replaced) ram and cd drive i baught in march. i'm thinkin of buying a new case by thermaltake but i'm not really sure if i want it because it's silver. i'd perfer black sence my monitor and speakers and keyboard are all black :p

is the seagate quiet? i've been curious of who makes the quieter HDs, my maxtor isn't really loud but it could definatly be quieter...

MooseMan said:
is the seagate quiet? i've been curious of who makes the quieter HDs, my maxtor isn't really loud but it could definatly be quieter...

its not any louder than my maxtor hard drive, i cant tell any difference in the noise coming out of the computer

A pretty good deal.. I should check it out... but I'm still saving up for the hitachi deskstar 500gb...

Jayj2k1 said:
I actually work at Best Buy and that Seagate 120GB Ultra ATA hard drive was the one that we had on sale for $30 after the rebates for the Black Friday sale. I mean even though it is slower than a SATA or RAID hard drive, you still can't beat the extra hard drive space for only $30.

any idea how old you have to be to work at best buy? im only 14 but i'd love to work there when i turn 15/16

Back
Top Bottom