Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security?

Ok. So once I move this Norton crap, I shouldn't have any problems with losing important registry items in XP because Norton has its way of trying to put their bid into everything?

Anyway I'm going to probably download AVG and Zone Alarm just to see how they run. I know that Norton also has the new 2006 version with a spyware program as well. Have ya heard anything about that so far because we just got that in about 2 weeks on our job.

I just renewed NIS 2005. I think I may have an anti spam feature. The whole thing cost 40 bucks :) The firewall is much less annoying then Zomealarm.

ZoneAlarm, AVG and Spyware Doctor are a good combination of effective programs which aren't system hogs.

I strongly recommend just tossing Norton away for these 3 if you really don't want the NIS package.

Now I have a question before I make any changes to my pc. I just bought a stick of Corsair Value Select 512MB DDR 400 Memory for my pc. **Yes! I decided to go with the 512mb for now**.(Was going for the gig orignally)

My pc can now operate at 768MB, which is not bad just to flirt with this celeron off and on. I haven't installed it but do you all think that I should wait to install the memory after I remove the Norton Internet Security package or it doesn't really matter?

Yea I just got rid of all of that Norton crap. I deleted every single thing that said Symantec on it and I installed the AVG Antivirus. I must say that this is the best antivirus software I used so far.

As far as firewalls, I am just going to stick with the Windows Firewall and see how that goes. I have Windows XP set up where it does the Updates automatically so I shouldn't even have any security problems. I will keep ya posted.

I've always used Zone Alarm, cause Windows Firewall doesn't monitor outbound connections and basically, isn't rated as a good firewall, but I like the fact that it consumes like 10MB less RAM than Zone Alarm.

Back
Top Bottom