Computer Case choice

ownage said:
you cant put a 120mm fan in a 80mm slot. It just doesnt work. As far as the mods go, what mods are you planning to do? If its just UV lights, its kind of a waste, unless you have some insane cable management and the x-navigator doesnt give you that.
well i do already have UV, i plan on getting some PCI and RAM slot covers, IDE cables in UV, also ram mods that make them pulse, and some stuff 2 make it quieter

if you want a temp monitor, you can always buy a fan controller that shows you temps, so you get a fan controller and a temp monitor. Its very difficult to find a case with a window and the same build quality and features as the Antec P-180. The P-180 is built for silence so thats why it doesnt have a window. If it did, it would destroy the three layer side panel to help keep the noise low. I chose the P-180 over any other case because of the looks and the performance. The performance is a greater priority for me than a windowed case. Even without a window, this case really shines.

yea i do understand where ur coming from. quiet and performance matters alot 2 me, and windows do alot more noise, thats 1 reason i do plan on buying noise absorbing mats and what not 2 keep it quieter and cooling wont be an issue i don't think no matter which case out of the ones that have been suggested :)

I've built many computers and tried many different cases. In my experience I think Enermax has the best quality followed very closely by Antec. Either Antec or Enermax would be an excellent choice of case. I'm currently running an Antec with an Enermax power supply. Just my $.02

MooseMan said:
yea i do understand where ur coming from. quiet and performance matters alot 2 me, and windows do alot more noise, thats 1 reason i do plan on buying noise absorbing mats and what not 2 keep it quieter and cooling wont be an issue i don't think no matter which case out of the ones that have been suggested :)

I guess the only thing left is the choice you make :D Keep in mind that noise dampening mats absorb heat, so it will make your ambient temps in your case higher than without them.

ide suggest the thermaltake tsunami case with the clear side panel. there is one with it and one without. then just get a pci slot cooler being there are like a hundred on that case. and just get a temp monitor. and u save urself somemoney. the nzxt case is nice but if i could replace the front cover it would be perfect. since you cant its a drawback.

yea i've looked at the tsunami case and it's a top choice :) and i do realize that the noise dampeners will make t warmer so i am hoping my fas will do a good job!

yet another case that meets my needs for an even lower price, it's going 2 become hard 2 decide :p but if anyone has more suggestions i'm ready for them!! thanks so far :)

Back
Top Bottom