Just a quick ? about putting comp together

Distortion88 said:
Yeah definitely not neccessary, static is not a huge problem as long as you're constanly touching metal (like the case) and just dont build your computer on carpet or wear wool sweaters or something that will obviously generate static.
you know when i first built my PC in march i was on the carpet...i was just 2 stupid 2 go downstairs and get a table for a better work envornment...yea i don't think it caused any damage but i may be wrong...

Yeha, who knows? but yeah, radiators are pretty much always water coolers... unless you go somewhere else other than a comp room... lol...

Just touch a normal house radiator, if you've got copper pipes. If you've got a new house, find anything grounded and metal, like a large pole (?), and touch that. I built my PC without an anti-static band.

ooohhhhh ok now i understand rofl. ok yea i was thinkin watercooler radiator but wasn't sure...i didn't wanna sound like a re-re :p yea if u like on the fryed comp topic you'll know my computers probably fried.... :'( not sure what happened but i am gunna test it when i get home in about 2 hours...

Back
Top Bottom