Whats Your Job!?

Jobs
Used to work at burger king.

Future job president of my company my inside logo is the quality of a alien ware with the price of a dell. But then again I can't say that in my ads cause that'd cause dell and alienware to sue, and poeple that don't know about those look at them. Honsetly I don't intend on having many jobs where i'm below sombody. Thats why my business is opening up this summer IE around june or july.

I'm 17, and live in New Zealand.

I am currently a Linux Server Systems Developer, Linux Server Administrator ( Internet, International work ) , Network Consultant ( For a local company ).

My usaul international working rate is between $100-2,500 US an hour. It depends on what i am doing, There are a lot of companies out there who will pay anything to get an annoying problem fixed or a solution provided.

I have served more than 1,500 hosting companies with my services :)

Nik00117 said:
HOLY SHIT 2,500 a hour thats REALLY good pay.

As i said, it depends on what i am doing. Also, with some projects it requires more tech monkeys, so i will usaully hire 1-2.

For example we had a client who had a fairly large cluster in a datacenter, they wanted us to set it up with a number of things;

( Rough overview of a job paying at $2,500 an hour )

High level security - APF, honeypots, multiple VPN's
File replication - backups, mysql db's, mssql db's
Load balancing across all servers.
Accurate routing tables - Routers, switches.

We had to setup this cluster remotely, from new zealand. The cluster was back in the USA sitting in a DC.

I charged them $2,500 an hour, they said it was cheap. They had security consultants who cost $20,000 an hour..... These geeks come in, sit down with his laptop and run a fancy script. I don't think those guys like being called a script kiddie :p

It depends on the company, if it is a big company wanting a job done properly they will pay whatever. This cluster was being developed for a telecom system to hold peoples info. However there was compatibility issues, where there different systems were running dif databases... mysql and mssql.

i work at fulltime at canon and im one of many network engineers and im the network administrator.

im also at university (university of new south wales) at night time doing a a double degree which is bachalor of computer science and a bachalor of medical science.

2 totally different fields but i love both of them with a passion =D

i might be moving into qantas or Fairfax digital in March next year, so ill keep you guys updated =D

nat

Rugmuncher said:
I'm 17, and live in New Zealand.

I am currently a Linux Server Systems Developer, Linux Server Administrator ( Internet, International work ) , Network Consultant ( For a local company ).

My usaul international working rate is between $100-2,500 US an hour. It depends on what i am doing, There are a lot of companies out there who will pay anything to get an annoying problem fixed or a solution provided.

I have served more than 1,500 hosting companies with my services :)

I think someone could be telling porkies.

Im guessing it means he thinks that guy is telling a lie

EDIT: Oh yeah I have a paper route(it sucks this part of the year) and I also referee little kids soccer games during the fall and spring.

lol if u give me 20k an hour ill gladly do watever u need to do. lol. even if id ont know how. i can use GOOGLE lol. for 20k an hour its like u could buy a honda civic everyhour u work lol. thats gotta be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom