Microsoft Works ****** me off..

bluezephyr

Beta member
I was writing a ******* paper and I pressed to print preview and it ******* froze. So I restarted my computer and I wasn't worried about the paper cause I thought it would be recovered. But this ******** message came up telling me that it could not retrieve the ******* paper. It said that it was in a different format or some ********. Can you tell me some reasons that ****** Works would not recover my paper? and help me retrieve it or something.

Thanks.

:mad: :)

Do NOT use obscene words on this site, no need for one, let alone the SIX that you used,. apologise to the other members and me, any more, & you're banned

Re: Microsoft Works pisses me off..

Whoa there... first off, WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE. Geez... at CF, we don't use those things. Thanks. You don't have to say the f-word every couple of words, or the s-word, or anything. Plenty of better choices. Anyways, Did you ever save it at all? The paper that is. Or did you just type and type and then just print? rule of thumb: Save around every 5 minutes, or even more often when needed. No offense, but it's not really smart to do all that typing and not save, if you didn't. I don't have works, so I don't really know for sure. Word usually has a recovery, but I don't know about works. Search around your hd for your file name... maybe temp? I doubt that though... man, it's really difficult when you don't save man... I don't how to help you in any other way other than just searching your hd... I'm really sorry... but not so, because it's kinda your fault you didn't save before... Hope you understand. :)

To be fair, MS Works is truly cack.

If it's gone, then it's gone...

I suggest in future you make use of the autosave feature.

^.-

Microsoft works, works fine.

Yes it is made by microsoft but hey.

Feel free to try the alternatives....

^.^

OpenOffice.org is a good alternative to Works...although I prefer MS Office to both of them by far.

Works...well, I don't think it has any auto-save or recovery features...I mean, it is very basic. I think everyone you typed went into the RAM and then...well, went.

I do have MS Office 2003, but it's installed and activated on my desktop PC at home, meaning I'm screwed as far as putting it on my laptop goes.

That's why I got OpenOffice - it's very different to begin with, but it's alright once you get there.

Back
Top Bottom