Problem With New Monitor!

Jayj2k1

Baseband Member
Wutup ya. I just got a new Emachines 17" Flat CRT monitor with the package that I got for like $150 for a Celeron. (Dad is using it as a school pc)

I just noticed at the top right hand corner, there is a green spot which is somehwat noticeable. I seen it after I did a change to the monitor that made all of these colors come up. Never again will I do that.

Anyway, I have a 14 day return policy where I can just bring the monitor or pc back if there are any problems. Should I just take it back and swap out the monitor or should I just hold on to it since I paid only $150 for the whole package anyway.

Return it! but beofe you do go into the moniter settings and try to degause it.

Osak said:
Return it! but beofe you do go into the moniter settings and try to degause it.

The funny thing is that I did try to degause it and it made the green spot even larger!!!

I returned it yesterday and recieved the same monitor. Now when I just hooked up it maybe 5 minutes ago, the picture looked fine. Then all of the sudden, a section at the upper left corner darkens a little bit than the rest of the monitor.

I only paid $150 for the whole package (tower unit and monitor from black friday ad at bestbuy), so I can't be 2 picky. I think I am going to hold it out with this one for the mean time until I can get another decent monitor for this PC.

Back
Top Bottom