display wont go on help!!!

fullmetal16

Solid State Member
i just got my computer in from newegg and i put it all together and now it wont display my screen. i cant figure out wats wrong i have an asus a8n-sli premium, aopen nvidia 6800gt and a 2.4 athlon 64 3800+. please help.

Do you hear any beeps coming from the internal speaker when you boot up? You can try this:
Look for your CMOS Jumper place it on the off Position usually pins 3-4 for about 10 seconds and then switch it back to its normal position usually pins 1-2 and then boot the pc again.

Or take out everything and then just replace the video card by itself and then try to boot again.

Also Check your memory Your board may require that you place your DDR in Dimm 1.

Hope this helps good luck.

Has the screen worked before? Are you plugging the screen into the right input/output? Like dvi, vga, etc? Is the video connected right? Is the video card itself working?

i know all of the connections are right when u say change the jumper do u mean reset the cmos? and no there werent any beeps so doesnt that mean that the hard drive isnt running? o and if i do the jump should it be plugged in just not on?

Just to be safe hit the off switch on your powersupply then clear the cmos and then set it back to the normal position and then turn the pc back on

No even if the hard drive wasnt working or you had it set in there wrong. And by wrong i mean like you didnt configure a Master / Slave setting.

The monitor would still go on

Oh yeah even if you think the connections are right. Work on your computer with just your Video card in it. Forget about the rest. You can always install the rest later once you got your OS running.

Thats just some advice from a dude thats been doing this for 10 years .

yea i figured it out....my mobo is just plain defective. im gunna send it back and get a brand spankin new one. this sucks now im gunna havta wait like 2 more weeks....thanks for the help tho.

Well, this sucks. I would have imagined of a wrong memory stick but you said it was defective

Back
Top Bottom