Need Help on my New rig

golf_addict73

In Runtime
Well...I just got done putting my new computer together....I have the
Abit AN8 ultra mobo
thermaltake soprano
X2 3800+ processor
Radeon X300SE

Well once i flip the power switch on the back of the computer....nothing but the POST leds come on....no fans no front panel lights...nothing....AIM me at silverscot845fs or YIM me at golf_addict73.....I really need help cause i don't want my parents to be pissed at me......please help me.

Check all of these...

- power supply
- power cable
- compatibilty of parts
- make sure you have an OS

If all of those check out and still nothing, then get back ASAP!!!

well.....lets see....the mobo lights power up and the power indicator on the board also does
the power cable has to be ok if it is gettin gpower to the mobo
the parts are all compatable...pretty much put together by a guru here
I haven't even been able to boot up my system so i really can't have an operating system

Well put in a Windows XP set up Cd in your CD drive. Go into BIOS, select Boot from CD Drive...and follow the instructions

but....i can't get that far if nothing turns on....my fans don't turn on my heatsink fan doesn;t....I'm guessing it was just me not connecting the right things first.....but i'm gonna get some friend to come over and help me out....but please help me out if you think you know something

it HAS to be ur psu. ur fan on ur computer wont even turn on. unless its ur fans thats broken, but i doubt it. if ur fan is connected directly to the psu (not through mobo) and it doesnt turn on , then its the power supply problem. also u should switch ur psu to 115 watt setting.

well...theres 2 connectors on the fans.....the little 3 pin connector that plugs into the mobo and the a 4 pin connector...Am i only supposed to plug one of them in????I'm gonna see if my friend can come over tomorrow to help me out.

could that be why non of the fans are turning on....I'm not going to mess with it tonight but i'll remember to plug in only one of those next time.....also i need to know which connector you all think i should use...i was thinking the 3 pin ones would be better but i need you guys to tell me which on to use....If i use the 3 pin connectors i just need to find exactly which fans connect to each place on the mobo......

What about the cpu fan...it doesn't turn on either.....could the problem plugging in both connectors cause this same problem.....or is it a whole different problem....i need all the advice you can come up with

Ok this is just a question i have.....my motherboard supports SATA 3Gbs.....I have a SATA 150.....would it still be compatible or will it create issues......I hope it doesn't...I don't think so but please let me know

Back
Top Bottom