Case + PSU (Thermaltake)

JoshSpence

Baseband Member
I am thinking of getting a Thermaltake Shark Full Tower Alu Black VA7000BWA case with a 430W Thermaltake PSU.... It looked really professional on the Thermaltake site but I dunno if its any good in real life? Anyone got an opinion on it?

Also, how can I decide the size needed for my PSU?

Cheers, Josh

Personally, I am not fond of TT at all, except for their Big Typhoon cooler. IMO TT just sucks compared to other companies out there. I would get a Antec P-180 with an OCZ Powerstream 520, or a Seasonic S-12.

Ok, why don't you like TT tho? And what does IMO stand for?

Also, I didnt think u could get DDR RAM for the X2? I couldnt find a mobo that supported it and was told AMD dont support it?

My friend had a TT Tsunami Dream and he said it was extremely flimsy, and on their fans, they specs are all off. IMO stands for in my opinion. DDR is used for the X2 DDR2 isnt. But next year, that will all change.

Yer I thought so its jsut that ur computer summary thingo sez "AMD Athlon 64 X2 (socket M2) cooled by swiftech storm | 7800GTX cooled by DD Maze 4 GPU Block | OCZ DDR2 1GHz | all on a DFI M2 socket mobo | Seagate 250GB 16mb cache 7200.9| Swiftech MCP655 water pump| DD Black Ice Extreme Radiator | All in a Antec P-180 with Delta Tri-blades for cooling.|" And I was wondering why u hav DDR2 RAM with an X2?

Also hmmm ok what brands of cases r good then? I lyk the whole stylish look of the TT

ah ok i never knew bout socket M2 i was lyk what the.... hmmm shnould i wait around 4 M2 to come about coz im bout 2 buy a socket 939 AMD 64 X2, altho i hav no idea wen M2 will reach aus

Socket M2 will be in reach for all manufacturers. Standardized technology. In the meantime, an Athlon 64 X2 system is the way to go. Dual core, baby. The 4800+ X2 is way too expensive. For that price, I rather buy an FX processor. Get the Toledo core 4400+ X2.

hmm i guess ur summer is our winter so ur sayn in 6 months M2 will b out? would i hav 2 buy a new mobo and cpu wen that comes if i want M2? and i didnt kno the 4400+ was toledo core?

Back
Top Bottom