How does this setup sound????

civicrocker7

Baseband Member
OK after weeks of toying with different setups i have finally come up with this plz tell me if it sounds good im mostly going to use this pc for gaming and my budget is $800 im a little over now but it will be worth it. BOMBADABAAA

Mobo: DFI Lanparty NF4 UT.............$128.00

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ san deigo...$233.00

Ram: Kingston ValueRAM 1gb DDR400 Dual channel.....$78.00

Graphics: POWERCOLOR X800GTO 256MBDDR3 Radeon X800GTO 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express i forget how much whatever how is this setup will it be good or bad

PLZ help this is my first build'

Thanks

PW

Are you looking for gaming power? If that's the case, get the 3500+ and geta nVidia 6800GS instead; it's a lot better than the X800GTO.

im sure you know way more then i do but i dont see how downgrading the cpu would help are you saying that the 3500 is better then the 3700 for gaming

I'm just saying that with the money you save from getting a 3500+, you could get a 6800GS rather than a X800GTO. Since most games these days put a strain on the video card rather than the CPU, it's better to get a better video card than a better CPU.

I have firsthand experince with that, heh. My FX-55 is a great CPU, but it can only do so much with my 6800GT (worst choice I ever made), even overclocked.

ok thanks but if im not mistaken doesnt the 3700 have double the cache of the 3500

sry if i sound ungratful but im just trying to find out as much info as i can plus i have no idea about any of the nvidia cards what makes them different from the radeon series what makes them better or if possible can you recomend a radeon for me instead of a nvidia also will nvidias work with my mobo i always thought if a radeon works with the mobo then the nvidia wont plz help me im lost

It does. Looks like I got confused between the 3700+ and the 3800+.

Anyhow, nVidia and ATI should both work on that board. It's just that SLI and Crossfire most likely won't on the same board. THere is one board that supports both, but that's the only one I think.

Anyways, it will work for both ATI and nVidia. So what do yu plan on doing with this PC?

theres just one problem with that and thats the fact that the price of that card is more then the x800gto which is $179 so if you could plz recomend the best vid card for around that price i would be very thankful ok thanks

Plus i wouls like to no if my mobo does work with nvidia stuff cause if it dont all this will be useless but i can probly figure that out myself

Back
Top Bottom