Osak

Daemon Poster
ok my system is:
AMD 64 3200+ (Venice)
1gig PC3200 RAM
7800GTX
80gig 7200 SATA HDD
500 wat PSU

Ok my question is should i get a new 19' LCD (5ms) or a 2nd 7800GTX?? I really would like to get a new moniter but i would also like to get a 7800GTX...i need your input!!!

P.S Right now im on a 19' CRT.

crts are pretty much always better than lcds if you are gaming. and i take it that you are from the 7800gtx. the only question is this: is your psu sli certified??? if not, get a better processor or save your money. or a bigger hdd if needed.

Well im ordering a new PSU (600wat) its SLi cert, yea i game ALOT thats why i was going with a low responce time..Hardrive space is not a problem (Got a 120 waiting to be installed)....So you think i should go with a better CPU???? If i DO get the 7800gtx ill be able to get the new CPU around Aug 14th, will my current CPU hold up till then??

The 3200+ will probably bottleneck the cards as long as you don't OC.

IMO, get the monitor; graphics cards will always get better and become cheaper.

Hmm, well the CPU is only gonna be in there for a littel longer (Aug 14th)....well now its up to Anouther gig of ram AND the 7800GTX or the new LCD (5ms)...damn a hard choice..

jac006 said:
I would get a 7800gtx my friend... a crt is great for gaming.

yeah (saying that with a big smile while staring at my massive 21" crt :))

And another GB of ram would most likely be good.

Nah, 1g will really do you enough. Unless you play BF2 24/7 or you vid. edit, 2gb of ram really isn't needed right now... of course, with vista coming, yeah, 2gb of ram is great, but otherwise... second 7800gtx...

hmm well i still need as many opinions as i can get. I just dont know if a LCD is worth getting whn i already have a CRT 19".....hard choice this christmass!

The only reason i could see you getting a new monitor is if that crt is taking a lot of needed space. Otherwise stick with the monitor you have and go with the second 7800GTX

Back
Top Bottom