Painting monitor

bmxjustin

Solid State Member
I have a 19 in. really dull lookin olive colered monitor i was thinkin of painting it or coloring it somehow , would this b possible if so tell me how what to use step by step anything thank you

Painting a monitor....hmm...intresting.

This should be really easy, well, from what I can think of.

First is it a CRT or LCD? CRT's are the big, bulky ones. I hope you know what an LCD screen is. LOL.

Anyway:

I would place the monitor with the screen facing you. *IMPORTANT* Cover the screen with some sort of newspaper or anything that can cover the screen if you accidently spill paint on the screen. Double goes to LCD screens. Then, I would turn it over, cover all the opening and paint from there.

I never painted a monitor before so excuse me if my intrsuctions sound like a 1st grader gave them to you. But happy painting anyways!

Just tape up the screen and all that with masking tape and then spray paint it with the colour you want ? Spray painting as opposed to the ones with brush would be the easiest, but then again, don't take my advice for it, i haven't really tried painting any kind of monitor ...

Usually, you take the monitor apart. take the plastic out and paint, using duct tape under the monitor holes, so you wont block it off

Sand it before and then spary it with a 30/35cm distance. Let it dry then remove the duct tape. Enjoy your "new" monitor!

I guess you could take the plastic casing off and spray paint it or something. Should be a good project, and remember, pics!!

Back
Top Bottom