My intel vs ur Amd..?

TRDCorolla said:
One thing for sure. Your system will smoke my laptop, lol.

Didnt even see this post, but i feel so much better that my PC can smoke a LAPTOP like omfg woohoo!!! amazing... lol *kicks computer*

I'm going to need to run some 3dmark or something to see what kind of numbers I'm dealing with. I'm going to get that thing installed later this week, hopefully. Newegg's got it shipped, barely just now...waiting game.

Pentium 4 is suppose to be a good processor, if Intel didn't slack off in the long run. That system will last you a few more years. That laptop is running on a 4200RPM drive or something like that. Sooooooo slow.

The Pentium 4 isn't so bad. The Northwood and Gallatin cores were awesome, back when Intel didn't do anything stupid.

Lets see...

The new Prescott core is decent at best. It's fast and can definately overclock like a biatch. However, there are a few shortcomings Intel has failed to fix.

1.) No integrated memory controller. This means that the memory controller is in the northbridge and latency is way high.

2.) Lots of pipelines and longer. Prescotts have 31 pipelines that are longer than the Northwood ones, and there's something bad about that. However, since I'm not exactly familiar with what that is, I shall direct any questions to Ownage for awnsering. :D Trust me though, more pipelines that are longer are not good for processors. ;)

Back
Top Bottom