First Build (Christmas Present)

yep expect to get into windows as soon as u touch the button. and i do like smalller harddrives being there easier to scan and less defrag time. do u know how long it takes to defrag a 500gig harddrive! none the less i think u have a pretty good computer. and abit fatality is a good board. its a good gaming but not neccisary. and amd fx 57is good processor i overclocked mine to 3ghz too ya know. but if u can wait and the prices of stuff will drop when the fx 60 come out so ull be able to get better stuff.

What Ownage said above, and IMO get a 4800+. Future games will use more than one core, and the more the merrier. You do NOT want to be stuck with one core when AMD gets 4 cores by 2007.

No, dont get a 4800+ get a 4400+ and oc it. They dont oc that well compared to Opterons though.

LOL Thanks. I made the changes you guys suggested ('cept changing the processor :p) and bought the hardware already. So now it's waiting game. Fun....

TRDCorolla said:
But if you OC the 4800+, it will result in higher frequency's though. But it's almost $800!!!!!!! Keep that FX CPU.

They will oc to the same frequencies because they use the same core, and thus having the same amount of overclockability. A 3200+ will not oc better than a 3000+. Both will hit 2.7-2.8 if they are good.

Back
Top Bottom