Need help finding right computer

JakeO

Beta member
A relative asked me to help them find a laptop for her son's Christmas present since I'm the most tech savvy person in my family, but I'm clueless when it comes to the tech side of computers.

Her sons are Junior High aged and she wants them to be able to use it for school, be able to play games, and have wireless Internet capabilities. She wants all of that for around $700-$750.

Does anyone know any good computers that might fit this criteria or at least what things I should look for? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

get any laptop with a AMD turion 64 processor, they are killer for games. I think Compaq makes a decent laptop that is a turion. Don't be scared by the compaq name, its really HP now.

Both the Pentium M and Turion 64 are good for gaming, but there's no way you'll find a decent video card that will be able to support today's games.

Thanks for the help. The information provided thus far has helped me out a lot and has gotten me pointed in the right direction. Anyone else have any input?

Back
Top Bottom