The best gaming processor?

Ok, scratch that. Pentium M has some serious competition. Don't know if I should say they are the best. Found latest benchies showing Turion 64 OWNS.

This review is as of September 2005 so it's farily recent:

http://www.laptoplogic.com/resources/detail.php?id=17&page=16

Feel free to jump around the pages to look at some benchmarks and stuff. "Turion 64 has the advantage of a highly efficient, mature architecture that lends itself to high performance per watt"

Intel for the longest time dominated in laptops, but with this new Turion CPU out, I think things will change for the better, or the worse...

Holy poop on a stick, those are a lot of words and stuff, and ownage that link to the think earlier is just wow, i think i should let yall know im 14, and im not the brightest 14 year old, i know a bit about comps but jesus christ! I dont know anything about processors and you guys are throwing all thses huge words at me! Can you just tell me what a good gaming laptop is, not just alienware but the actual laptop, and nothing to expensive!

HEHE, dont worry about it, im only 15 :p A good gaming laptop has a decent amount of battery life, a Pentium M 7x0, 1 GB of RAM, AT LEAST a 6800Go, 80-100GB HDD and everything else should be good.

TRDCorolla said:
For laptops, the Intel is better as of this moment (Pentium M-Centrino Technology). When 2006 comes around, both Intel and AMD have new mobile CPUs out.

For desktop PCs, AMD is much better than Intel. Funny huh?

Intel will have the Yonah core, which is the first dual-core mobile processor in history. 65nm and the first dual-core made from scratch (unlike the Pentium D's which were two Prescrap cores slaved with a logics processor).

Yeah, each core is based from the Banias/Dothan architecture, but it's the first dual-core designed from scratch. Get what I mean?

Back
Top Bottom