nvidia geforce 6800

Siphon

Baseband Member
what's the difference between the 6800 GT, GS, XT and just plain 6800? which one is the best?

I have no idea, but i can ask what ur using it for, so i can try and give you a good card to look for..

they are all just different models. different speeds and stuff. nothing to big though. and they also use different interface slots. for example some might use pci-e and some use agp.

Hmm well, nVidia stopped producing 6800 Ultras and GT's. Instead, they make GS's. The 6800GS has only 12 pipelines I believe, but its clock speeds are much faster. It is much cheaper than both the 6800GT or the 6800 Ultra, and its performance is incredible for the price: it's almost as good as the 6800GT.

they just have all types of different gpus differ clock speeds different ram and stuff.

EDIT someone delete this post something is wrong with my computer. keeps showing that there are two post. after i post theres the post i orignally made that i didnt see. weird

the gt is probably the best out of those but ive seen some benchmarks for the GS and its very impressive for only 12 pipelines it gets over 5000 on 3dmark05 from what ive seen, it basically goes in this order from worst to best 6800, XT, GS, GT

No, it's not. The 6800GS is as good as the 6800GT. The only difference is in SLI; the 6800GT SLI is much better than the 6800GS SLI, at least as far as previous benchmarks are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom