service pack 2 problem

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
whenever i try to install service pack 2 on my dads dell comp (it has a new hard drive) after i restart to complete the installation the comp wont boot, is this a common problem? and is service pack 2 esential or can i just go on without it?

Make sure your PC is free of spyware before installing SP2. That's crucial. If worst comes to worse, download SP2 and slipstream it with the XP Setup disc, so when you reinstall XP, it will already have SP2.

No, it just activates a lot of security features that are dormant in pre-SP2. Honestly, some people like me avoid SP2 like the plague. IMO, I'm much better without it. Heh.

it just dosent work this some older computer parts. i dont know why, but yeah.. its messed up. i suggest dont use it anyway..

the dell isnt that old maybe 2 years old and it had service pack 2 on it before i reaplaced the hard drive but now it just doesnt want to work

well then its just being stubborn. still my advice, dont install it. unless its part of the windows xp disk, like mine...

because downloading it never worked for me on any computer. or installing from a disk, its only worked when being installed directly off the xp disk..

arrizx said:
because downloading it never worked for me on any computer. or installing from a disk, its only worked when being installed directly off the xp disk..

I've downloaded and installed SP2 on several PC's with no problems...........
Just make sure you have all previous updates completed first or you could have problems.

I like SP2...........one small step in the right direction with an OS.

Back
Top Bottom