Firefox Plugin Question

Nexius

Solid State Member
Hey everyone. Me again. I just have a firefox question. Okay, I just got my computer freshly wiped and everything. I installed Firefox and everything, and I installed all the media player plugins, but the only one that wont install is the Windows Media Player one. And everytime it says, Could not find plugin, and it gives me an option to manually install. but everytime it just takes me to the WMP website. So i reinstall it hoping firefox will recognize it as a new plugin, but it doesnt. And it wont install. Normally, it finds it itself, but now its not... Please help! Thanks!

That also happens with me, what ive found is you just have to go back to IE to use WMP. WMP plugin does'nt work with Firefox, you know why? Because WMP is created by..yep you guess it, Windows = Microsoft (like nearly everything else)
So why would MS let the Firefox company(whoever they are, i forget i think its mozilla) let them, they are against, they are battling, so to say, whos better and how many users can they get. Why would they combine, see its about the money and whos more popular. etc etc..
Which sucks in the 'run because the users(us geeks and all) miss out on the full benefit(s) of the browser(s)or just brower that is Firefox.
All because of greed and all that.

Well thats my view on it, i could be wrong, so if it is id like to know the reason. Veeery interesting!

Go Firefox! :)

Back
Top Bottom