This Has Just Got To Be The Stupidest Problem I've Ever Had...

backtothefuture

Solid State Member
I wanted to upgrade my video card on my Gateway PC. It is a 5310 model, with an intergrated video card. I went out to Circuit City, and bought myself a GeForce 6200 AGP graphics card. Got home, opened up my computer, and found out that I didn't have any AGP slots :rolleyes:

So, I went back to Circuit City, and exchanged it for a GeForce 6600 PCI card. Finally, I can go home and enjoy my new video card, or so I thought.

I opened up my computer again, and was ready to put in the card when I realized something about the slot...

resized_DSC02082.jpg

^^ There's the slot ^^

resized_DSC02083.jpg

And there's my brand new video card, obviously backwards.

resized_DSC02084.jpg

If you look closely at the pictures, you'll see that there is no possible way for my card to be put into this computer! What the hell is this! Isn't there a rule somewhere saying "Don't build your shit backwards"

What am I supposed to do? Is there anything that could remedy this problem?

I would appreciate any help,
backtothefuture

I guess you could, put it in the only way it works, then wire your monitor and such into the case and plug it in :p

Thats a PCI-E Card and you only have PCI ports...return the card for a PCI card not PCI-E :D

I tried putting it in the way it works, but it doesn't fit!! Are there any PCI slot adapters or something?

This is so ridiculous.

Or a FX5700LE. That's probably your best choice, but it's still rather dismal because it's on PCI, and PCI is relatively slow compared to AGP or PCI-E.

Back
Top Bottom