Gamers read this tibbit of news

135791 said:
they just dont want to be sued by crap parents that cant teach there child shooting people like in games is wrong
You have to consider the headstrong uncontrolable kids that reguardless of what they do just do as they please anyway. Parents have to have the tools to assert thier parental authority.

David Lindon said:
Hmm, why don't the parents just stop them getting the game in the first place? Mature games are usualy 18 anyway so they would need their parents to get it for them in the first place.

Exactly what I was thinking. The best method of parental control is the parents themselves, you shouldn't need fancy, potentially unreliable gadgets at extra cost.

*Sigh*......parents.....way to (over)protective.

I mean seriously. My parents are cautious but they know it's just a game. And if I go around shooting people like Doom 3 is near, then they would know I got other problems in my life. Not because of a game.

The only problem is that the children can probably use the machines far better than their parents. The parents could never figure the controls out. So they'd have to get the kids to do. And that's just like asking a guy to lock himself in prison for you.

David Lindon said:
Hmm, why don't the parents just stop them getting the game in the first place? Mature games are usualy 18 anyway so they would need their parents to get it for them in the first place.

Because Parents over here are stupid, one family I know Bought the grand theft auto san andres or what ever for their 10 year old... smart eh? And this was before it was rerated to Adul;ts only. Mosy parents just don't pay attention to the rating over here, my mom on the other hand, has problems with letting me have Fear, I personally don't see why, I play these games all the time. But in a bit I'll show her the demo :p

Chris

Oh i did play 18+ games when I was 13...just because of blood and some "scary stuff"

I found it hilarious...killing two headed monsters...

So now all the consoles have parental controls. First it's Microsoft, then Nintendo, now Sony.

Wow, reminds of Window's Admin rights to user privileges. Very strict. I don't have to worry about that though, haha. I guess if I had kids, I would love to have it. So yes, I agree with the initiative.

Back
Top Bottom