Onboard Grpahics

I don't think you can make the integrated card run better, but you can optimize your PC for gaming.

Your right it has no AGP Slot I looked up that MOBO on google. But like Kuberr you can still Optimize your pc for gaming. Heres a suggestion If you got a 256MB SDRAM already installed ad another piece of 256MB Sdram for a Total of 512MB of memory. Then add a PCI Video card 256MB attleast. DO your shopping online if you want to save money. Anyways places like best buy dont really stock up on the latest things

I just got a Celeron (2.9 Ghz, 256 ram, 80 gb hard drive) for like $150 with a 17" flat CRT from black friday sales.

I actually upgraded the integrated graphics to a GeForce MX4000 128MB PCI Card just to free up the processor. I see a difference in that alone and I'm not doing any gaming just to let ya know.

However, I am going to upgrade the 256MB RAM to 1.25 GB. That should definitely make it run much faster when it comes to DVD Burning and stuff.

I would say just get a PCI card and upgrade the memory man.

Jayj2k1 said:
I actually upgraded the integrated graphics to a GeForce MX4000 128MB PCI Card just to free up the processor.

Thats perfect for a system like that.
Integrated sucks, draws all it's power from the cpu, $30 for a cheap geforce card can work wonders doesn't it?

MikeReiner said:
Thats perfect for a system like that.
Integrated sucks, draws all it's power from the cpu, $30 for a cheap geforce card can work wonders doesn't it?

It definitely does. Just by me adding the card, I could see a difference not only in speed slightly, but also through pictures and video on my pc. I would have to say that it was very well worth it. Just to make it faster, I'm thinking about either upgrading to 512mb for $50 or 1GB for $80. I'm not sure if I want to put out $80 for that kind of memory though because my father is just using this for a school pc. Either way, both would help him out so I'm still thinking about which one to go for.

one word.... no.

Really, you won't get much more performance out of an onboard graphics chipset, if you do then you must be cooking the chipset.

You can add more ram to your system and assign more ram to your onboard graphics chipset, But that can mess a lot of shit up.

You can get a 7800 gtx for $800 NZ dollars lately i see :p

Rugmuncher said:
You can get a 7800 gtx for $800 NZ dollars lately i see :p

haha?

meh, when my dad bought his new computer, he put down $40 for the video card, not much of a gamer.

Back
Top Bottom