Help me Build the Perfefct Producers Computer

Sunquest

Solid State Member
hey everyone

i did some research and i still havent found a good computer for my money

my limit is 1000$ and i live in Canada so thats canadian...

Im going to need the computer for music production, using cubase which uses lots of memory incase no one knows...

so some things im looking for:
-average video card
-good hard drive
-1 gig ram,and i already have a 512 OCZ RAM so thatll make it 1.5 gig ram
-this new pc though has to be compatible with this current OCZ one...
-most important things i geuss are motherboard and cpu, id prefer a pentium ofcourse
-no soundcard, i already have an M-AUDIO Audiophile 2496
-no monitor and no speakers i already have those

reason why i ask for some help to build this pc is that theres literally 100 different kind of motherboards and its just nuts, u have to match the motherboard with the cpu and the current ram that i have, so really i have no frikin' idea where to start...

so please if anyone can help me with this problem, help me get the best pc for the money i got...

thanks in advance
Peace

Well you have come to the right place... I also live in Canada so I hope this helps...

CPU-
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
MOBO-
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] DFI LANParty UT NF4 ULTRA-D Motherboard
RAM -
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] OCZ Gold EL PC3200 1GB 2X512MB DDR400[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hard Drive - [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB SATA
Video Card -
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] EVGA E-GEFORCE 6800GS SLI 256MB
cdrom -
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] LG GSA-4167B

This works out to about 1000 not including windows... but if 1000 is your aboslute max then some parts can be downgraded...
[/font]

EricM said:
Well you have come to the right place... I also live in Canada so I hope this helps...

CPU-
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
MOBO-
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] DFI LANParty UT NF4 ULTRA-D Motherboard
RAM -
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] OCZ Gold EL PC3200 1GB 2X512MB DDR400[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hard Drive - [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 120GB SATA
Video Card -
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] EVGA E-GEFORCE 6800GS SLI 256MB
cdrom -
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] LG GSA-4167B

This works out to about 1000 not including windows... but if 1000 is your aboslute max then some parts can be downgraded...
[/font]

this looks real good, but AMD good and reliable? i see this is a 3800+
whats that comparible to roughly? Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ or greater?

and the DVD rom i dont need, so thatll make it about 1000 dollars...

Its a dual core processor which means its like 2 CPUS in 1. I chose this because you said you do a lot of music recording/editng. You could use a dual core since you said you use a program which requires a lot of memory.. so a dual core helps u multitask which I assume you do with running mulitple programs for editing etc... and that dvdwriter drive was only 70 bucks... so that is one good system for 1000 bucks.

Yeah I wasn't saysing that the 820 is better, i was saying that the 3800+ amd is alot better then a Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ

The entire X2 family is better than Intel. Period.

I would step down a notch for the graphics card to save on some money, and instead go for:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1384821&CatId=1833

That RAM OWNS, as evidenced by AnandTech:

http://anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2560&p=13

Oh, and, are you looking for hard drive space or speed?

Get a 74GB Raptor 10,000RPM HDD if you want speed, or go with a 160GB SATA 7,200RPM HDD for space. I'm sure there's a good deal here and there for a 160GB HDD. I've seem some go for 40USD, but I think SATA may be a bit more pricey (40USD with TONS of rebates).

wow thanks for all the help guys :D already in one day,

ive ton a shit load of research now, starting from the first posters suggestion
ive read around and asked around and found out AMD is better than intel in pretty much everything, now ive come up with this computer

all from www.tigerdirect.ca

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz / 1MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Dual-Core/ With Fan - $472.99
MOBO - Asus A8N SLI Premium NVIDIA Socket 939 ATX Motherboard - $250
RAM - OCZ Value 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory - $163.99
HARD DRIVE - Western Digital Caviar SATA II (WD1600JS) 160GB 7200RPM 8MB Buffer (OEM) - $129
VIDEO CARD - XFX GeForce 6600LE / 256MB DDR - $112

TOTAL - $1300 with tax...

let me know if this is good, worth it, fast, and if each part is compatible with eachother part? :D

many thanks for all the help guys, great forum

peace

Back
Top Bottom