School Network-Increased secruity

Speedydowt

In Runtime
Hi

I know this has been covered in madjourity through another thread but i wanted to reillterate in more detail. Im a student and have recently gained acess to the school system Admin tools c drive cpromt policy editor ect..told the school and i was wondering how the school could improve there secruity
gtg school more details soon

well more out of interest...i herd there are seperate secruity programs other then just creating a limited user account on windows xp profestional..

Speedydowt said:
Hi

I know this has been covered in madjourity through another thread but i wanted to reillterate in more detail. Im a student and have recently gained acess to the school system Admin tools c drive cpromt policy editor ect..told the school and i was wondering how the school could improve there secruity
gtg school more details soon

Let me get this straight. You know enough to be able to gain access to the Administrator's system to try to prove they don't have the security they need, but you don't know of any ways or any programs to increase the security?

Thats correct...the school currently (as said before) run windows xp profestional, local acess is meerly limited by a limied user acess.....easily byepassed, but just wanted to know if there way any other way school could increase there secruity.

Heres a screenshot of the schools system after acess has been gained..

weooo3me.jpg

Get websense, make sure most items in control panel are disabled from the average user, disable command prompt, and limit user access time.

From those screenshots, you haven't proved you've accessed anything.

The Group Policy Editor would be full with a big tree system to change settings, but what you show us is fairly standard - the program itself will load, but the window contents won't. Did you get an error message from the MMC when you started it, saying something like access to this snapin has been disabled via policy?

I'm afraid you haven't proved to us you can do this. Just looks to me like you can view the stuff, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom