Want to see what Socket M2 looks like?

Maybe you can translate some. I have no clue what it says except for the english words in there. I got this from it, lol:

Athlon 64 FX62
Athlon 64 FX60
Athlon 64 X2 5.000+
Athlon 64 X2 4.800+
Athlon 64 X2 4.600+
Athlon 64 X2 4.200+

Oooo, those CPUs look so pretty.

Maybe it is because I understand french. Who knows. I like the pictures. So whats the latest and greatest specs on the m2 socket, ddr2 compatiblity, increased bus? More cache?

Here's an update on that M2 release. AMD's 940-pin DDR2 enabled Socket M2 processors may not be released until later during the summer of 06. There are delays. The new socket will see processors with three different cores: the dual core Windsor, the single core Orleans, and the Sempron class Manila.

Those who are considering or have recently purchased a Socket 939 processor should not worry. The DDR1 socket will remain popular until Q1 of 2007, meaning that further support should be expected for quite some time. So build them new PCs now or it's going to be a long wait. I'm no longer in interested in M2 anymore and will continue the build early next year. The huge tax return I'm expected to get back will help out. Dual core, coming up. When M2 does come out, I'll upgrade this old PC I have now with it.

You will notice that dual cores now are coming down in price along with some of the 7800GTX's. Yay...

DDR is just as good. The only thing I like about DDR2 is the low voltage it requires. Other than that, it's high latencies kinda turn me off.

alvino said:
DDR is just as good. The only thing I like about DDR2 is the low voltage it requires. Other than that, it's high latencies kinda turn me off.

who cares if the CL is 4 or 5 when u have 750mhz in there. :D
But I might still go with ddr even though I have intel, just because getting 2GB of good ddr2 memory will cost alot.

Wow sick stuff... but M2 is probably going to be soo expensive when it comes out and hence waiting a bit more for prices to drop so I agree with you TRDCorolla with building early next year. Prices on the dual cores and the 7800gtx are starting to drop and you can build yourself one sick system. The X2 4400 I want has already dropped over a hundred dollars in the last few months. But M2 looks sick.. and so does that X2 5000

Back
Top Bottom