Witch one

well right now it plays Microsoft FLisht Simulator 2000 fine and my friends computer the same on with 512 more RAM and a 128 video card. plays Call of Duty 2 ok. so i dont know and yes i know its a PCI

When i sed PCI i ment PCI-Slot not PCI-E

Wow man you're looking at a complete computer upgrade. If your kids want to play anything that's newer that around 2002, you're screwed. I think the best available PCI card is going to be bought off of a web site, and it's gotta be an nVidia FX5700.

HRHunteRHR said:
I can't believe your OLD computer needs a PCI-E video card! Amazing.... PCI-E video cards are like from last year.... That comp ain't that old. As far as video cards go, I'd go with a 6600GT 256M, or a 9800 256M, at least. Keep in mind, this will set you back maybe 150$. Are you sure it's PCI-E? Or is it AGP or plain old PCI? Ah yes, and as far as "Witch one", I'd go with a Warlock cuz I'm a guy.

He's talking about PCI, not PCI-E. The best one around is probably the GeForce FX 5700.

If I were you, I would just upgrade the motherboard to an AGP one and get a cheap AGP video card. PCI is just too old.

I like that. maby i might. How much whould a AGP motherboard cost and should i keep my CPU its 2.93Mhz

What should i look for in the motherboard. I dont know much about buying motherboards

What processor are you using? And what socket?

Make sure you have a motherboard that has the correct socket of your processor and it has a AGP slot.

stevenbob0 said:
I like that. maby i might. How much whould a AGP motherboard cost and should i keep my CPU its 2.93Mhz

What should i look for in the motherboard. I dont know much about buying motherboards

It's 2.93GHz, not MHz... I hope.

Anyways, I'm sure it's a Celeron, probobly an HP, seeing that it's PCI, and not AGP.

Haha, I didn't even catch that! Yeah, I think 2.93mhz would be pretty darn slow...

stevenbob0 said:

I'd go with pci-e. It's faster than agp and all the really good cards are made only for pci-e. And the most cost efficient card around is the 6800GS (only pci-e). It's only about $200 and will most likely be able to play those 2 games u mentioned with full settings.

And a 2.9Ghz (hopefully :D) will be able to run those games fine. Even if it's a celeron there shouldn't be too much problems. And if u have 512mb of ram u could by another 512mb so everything would run more smoothly. But the ram is optional, 512 should be enough for those games.

Back
Top Bottom