First Build (Christmas Present)

Corrupted1

In Runtime
Hey guys, This is my future build for christmas!

Hard Drive:Fujitsu MAU3036NP 36.7GB 15,000 RPM SCSI Ultra320 68pin Hard Drive - OEM

Link for HDD

Video Card:XFX PVT70FUND7 Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Link for Vid. Card

Processor:AMD Athlon 64 FX57 San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADAFX57BNBOX - Retail

Link for AMD Processor

Motherboard:BIOSTAR N4SLI-A9 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Motherboard Linky

Memory(x4):G.SKILL Value 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model F1-3200PHU1-1GBNT - Retail

Got RAM?

Heatsink:THERMALRIGHT SI-97A Cooling Heatsink - Retail

Heatsink Link...LOL

Power Supply:Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply - Retail

Link for PSU

Sound Card:Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 8 (7.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

Link for Sound Card

DVD Drive:LG Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model GDR-8163B - OEM

Link for DVD Drive

CD Drive:SONY Black IDE CD-ROM Drive Model CDU5225 - OEM

Link for CD ROM Drive

Case:Lian Li V SERIES PC-V2100B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

Link for the Case

HDD Controller:SONNET TEMPO ATA133 PCI IDE Controller Card - Retail

Link

Does everything check out? This is my Christmas present and I want it to be PERFECT. LOL.

Major Kudos to you guys! :D

<EDIT><><>

Okay...I redid my whole rig. Now introducing an AMD FX Processor! *applause*

So. what do you guys think now?

AND Does everything check out?

MAJOR KUDOS Guys! ;)

Haha, i love these build posts. Bring them on....muhahahha

Holy mother...a SCSI and the first one I've seen on here. Props for that. I just ordered a new video card just now and it's almost the same one you got, but a little better. It's got a higher clock and offer for a free COD2 game. Check it out:

eVGA 256-P2-N517-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130249

One question though. How are you going to get that SCSI to interface with the motherboard? DOn't you need like a SCSI controller or something?

I like your setup, but isee your into gaming, because you got a 7800gt, well in that case i suggest you get an AMD 64. With an AMD you could get such a nice setup on a mobo. Your cpu/mobo costs like 770. If you have 7070 bucks for an AMD you could get.
DFI nF4 SLI Infinity Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136164
and a
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Manchester 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4600BVBOX - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103545
or
AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103529
And with the 4000+ you perform better in games and you save liek 250-250 dollars. So youcan upgrade you video card to a 7800gtx and possibly get a DFI sli expert board (in my sig) or an Abit fatility.!!!!!THE two best boards EVEVER>

I say the same as treehugger, but, with one change: If you're into gaming, get a faster, single core. Even with the 4800+, when you're playing games, you're only using one core, and the 4800+ will perform like a 4000+, single core cpu. So, if it's gaming, go with a faster 4000+, or even an fx-57 if you have the money. Otherwise, if you really don't care about the difference or want to be as futureproof as you can be, then, by all means, go with a dual core. But yes, AMD. PLEASE NO INTEL. Lol, sorry if it seems like I'm shouting, but I am. The prescott core... *sigh* just doesn't do well in gaming, especially paired with an intel, when, compared to a similar setup with amd, when amd woops intel's arse in gaming. Period. So yeah, amd....

Dude get that computer and you will be forever in internal peace. It will smash anything you throw at it, read my sig very similar, i know. I suggest getting a different mobo. I don't trust biostar. I suggest an asussli deluxe, dfi sli expert or abit sli fatility

All right, thanks TreeHugger. Oh, do I need to add a fan to that heatsink?

Without a fan, that thing can act as a BBQ grill.

i would get a opteron 939 cpu instead of the FX cause u can overclock it to 3GHz and will save a ton of money and get a DFI Sli motherboard cause theyre amazing for overclocking and instead of that heatsink get a zalman also u need an SCSI controller not an IDE one lol

Back
Top Bottom