Is this a good rig.kind of reluctant to say if it is

Ok, so my computer is quickly becoming obsolute, and me being the gamer that I am, I need to get with the program and get rid of this while the gettin' is good.

So, my current specs are in my sig, but I want this, which you will see in a few moments, yet I can't really decide if it's the best thing to get. I mean it supports 64-bit CPU technology, PCI-Express, and DDR3200, I can't really find a drawback, considering my budget is a pathetic $450 dollars. So without further a-due....the new rig *appluase*

GIGABYTE GA-8I915PL-G Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915PL ATX Intel Motherboard

MSI NX6800-TD128E Geforce 6800 128MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card

Intel Celeron D 331 Prescott 533MHz FSB LGA 775 64-Bit Processor

pqi POWER Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory

AOpen Black IDE Combo Drive

Is this everything I need by the way?

u could keep the P4, the 430W psu and your old case. And even the hdd too if 80GB is enough storage for u.

Then u could just buy 1GB ddr400 ram ($100) a new mobo (with pci-e)($70) and something like the 6800GS ($200) Then a dvd drive ($40?) and that's about it.
That P4 will do fine for gaming, I don't see any point in swiching to a celeron D.
These would fit under ur budget and make a nice gaming machine.

Well you see, I'm selling the machine I have....Kind of makes it a tad bit difficult to keep something when I want money for it. But thanks anywho, I appreciate it.

The celeron D is probably worse than your current p4. Still with your p4 or shell out the dollars to get an athlon 64 3000 or 3200.

Celeron processors suck in general, any sempron 64 will own in multitasking and games. So tell me your budget. Its 450 bucks but what for everything? case too? what do you have already.

1337DuD3 said:
The Celeron D aint that bad. It's 64-bit, 2.66 GHz, what's not to like?

the thing not to like is the word "celeron" in there. Those are just not good, it's not about the clock speeds, it's about how the processor works. Amd have great performance with slow clock speeds. And celeron is not ment for gaming. It's made for some office computers, it's not a good performer so the price ain't that high. 64-bit ofcourse is good but other than that the processor ain't too good. And u could always try to sell the computer without a processor.

Well, My PC went to hell... for no good reason except maybe I OC-ed it a bit to far. and way here is the one i am getting...

mobo = Asrock sata-2 ULi = $69
cpu = 3200 amd = $139
ram = OCZ value 2X512 $81 - 15 = $66
GPU = pyn 6600GT $139 - $40 mail in = $99

For those who think the Asrock is a joke, read the benchmarks on Anandtech!

Man How it that for a good deal!

all on newegg

Back
Top Bottom