Emachine T3406

stevenbob0

Baseband Member
First off I don't know a lot about computers just anofe for thes two things.
1:How to put a computer together. 2:That this computer stinks.

I was lucky anofe to get a Emachin t3406 for $150 at Best Buy. So right now i need to up grade it. I don't want to spend to much money on upgrads because ill proably be selling the computer in a year. Just anofe to play moltiplayer Halo and NFS Most Wanted. SO what should i upgrad,what brands should i buy,how much should i buy..Let me know what you guys think.Thanks a bunch

P.S. (Im bet you guys here get these typs of questions all the time but i didnt know where els to ask so your jut going to have to put up with me ;) )

Here are the computer specs
- Intel® Celeron® D Processor 340 (256KB L2 cache, 2.93GHz, 533MHz FSB)
- Intel® 865GV chipset
- 256MB DDR 400MHz *I will add a 512MB if I find one* Expandable to 2GB
- 80GB Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
- 48x DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
- 8-in-1 Digital Media Reader USB 2.0 (Secure Digital (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card)
- Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Up to 64MB shared video memory
- AC '97 Powerful Audio
- Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet
- 56K ITU v.92 ready Fax/Modem
- Multifunction keyboard
- 2-button wheel mouse
- Amplified stereo speakers
- 5 USB 2.0
- 1 VGA external connector
- 1 serial
- 1 parallel
- 2 PS/2
- 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)
- 17" Flat Screen Radiation Free Monitor

Hmmmm, that chipset is a bit on the crappy side. Does it even have an AGP slot for video cards? I know for sure it doesn't support PCI-e. I would say, it's not even worth the money to upgrade that thing. Maybe get more RAM for it like you say. If that motherboard doesn't even support AGP video cards, then you might as well use that integrated video controller.

nop no AGP ,but coudent i get a cheap PCI card because that integrated one stinks.

What typ of Ram should i get????

Well, you can, but next year, they're coming out with DDR2 RAM support. Intel already use DDR2 so it's AMD's turn. DDR will be obsolete technology.

Just try to stay a generation behind on computer stuff, that way your hard earned money doesn't go to waste. Like if you bought a 7800GTX right now it's like $400, give it another year and the price will go down significantly.

Back
Top Bottom