only 72 fps with x800gt?

It doesn't matter everyone. Why would you care if it can't get 100 fps??? The human mind can't see any more than roughly 40fps. Movies at the movie theater run at 24fps and they're still pretty smooth.

Probably just want to get the most out of the video card. I know I like to squeeze some extra FPS in there even if I don't see it. Ultra smooth, like a baby's butt.

lol when ur playing video games at 100 fps and 40 fps, there is a visible difference.

Sure when ur watching movies it's 24fps. But you'll see a noticible diff between 40 and 100 in first person shooters.

Yeah, there won't be that much of a difference. You can always download atitool and just oc until you are satisfied, but you won't notice the difference.

its not about seeing a difference. i paid $130 for a video card and i dont wanna get the most out of it, which is 100fps.

seeing that little number down there showing 100.00fps makes me feel my money went onto something thats worth it.

abowlofrice said:
yep thats wut my friend told me to do, now i get 100 fps, also in smoke =D, thx

If you want to be a little proud....

In console:

developer 1

then

fps_max 150

Yea yea it goes over your monitor's refresh rate, but w/e.

Yes.

Thx for the props Tree! :p

IRT gaming_freak

Werd. I recently set my max fps to 30, then to 45, then to 60, and then to 100, I noticed a significant quality improvement from 60 to 100 fps, and my sight isn't that good. I think that all of the Half-Life engines, including the second/source engine, are different from other games, because Halo can play at 30fps and above, and if I'm getting 30 fps, I can't tell the difference if I'm getting anything above it.....

CS is wierd like that. Source is buggy if you don't have over at least 150 fps, and don't argue, it's true I swear!! I had 70+ fps with all settings on medium, a 1.6GHz athlon 64, 1G of ram, and a BFG FX5500, and I get WAYYYY better speed quailty at 120fps with all settings on high with my new computer (see sig.).

Back
Top Bottom