LCD gaming monitor review

The new one has a 650:1 ratio but has a 2ms repsonse time. For LCD's, that is the highest possible on a 19" monitor unless you go bigger screen, then resolution is higher to like 1600x1200.

Wow thats going to put a dent in the wallet if you are going to go over 19". I think the 930BF is the best for that price. The [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]193P+ is way more expensive has 8ms response time and a 1000:1 contrast ratio but I think the 930bf is a better choice. And what exactly is the contrast ratio??
[/font]

I just think of it as the higher the number, the greater the ability to show finer color details and tolerate external lighting like in the room where you are at now. It's one of the key features to look into when buying a monitor.

Ok I get it. So 700:1 would be ideal and 1000:1 would show very fine colour details?

Ok, this is defintely the monitor to get. The price tag is a bit high but after hours of reading up on this, this monitor is the fastest around so it's as good as mine:

ViewSonic VX922 Black/Silver 19" 2ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 2ms white-black-white (typ) LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 650:1 - Retail
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/xseries/vx922/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116375

Plus, look at how much nicer looking it is compared to the Samsung one. Nice color tones with teh black and grey. I just ordered this bad boy. EricM, review will come to you as soon as I get this and set it up. This is the monitor of all monitor. Well worth the $460.

TRDCorolla said:
I just think of it as the higher the number, the greater the ability to show finer color details and tolerate external lighting like in the room where you are at now. It's one of the key features to look into when buying a monitor.

Kind of; it's actually a measurement of the light intensity ratio between a completely white screen and a completely black screen. However, be very wary of using this to define your LCD choice as there is no real industry standard to define how to measure this value. Hence a 1000:1 monitor could really be a 500:1 monitor depending on who measures it :)

So what are your opinions regarding the Viewsonic VX922 from the above link? I've already ordered it so it's kind of late to change my mind. I guess RMA, but the specs look pretty good though.

Even if I wanted that Viewsonic VX922 I coulndt get it atm... none of the Canadian sites have it yet... they got the 924 one though which is 4ms I believe. None the less both are probably great monitors, better then what I have now. But the viewsonic one looks a lot nicer...when you get it tell me how well the adjustments are (height, angle etc) because the Samsung 930BF from the reviews I have read basically can not be adjusted.

Back
Top Bottom