LCD gaming monitor review

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
After a thorough research, I have found this Samsung LCD monitor to be the best at gaming without spending more than $400. So all of you looking for gaming LCDs, this is the one. It did come in stiff competition with the Viewsonic VX922 2ms monitor which cost roughly around $400. The Samsung model is the 930BF and has a 4ms response time but with a 700:1 contrast ratio. The Viewsonic has a contrast ratio of 650:1.

Very tough indeed on which one to pick, huh? Samsung offers free shipping and is around $50 less than the new Viewsonic model. They're shipping is $15. I would say the Viewsonc VX922 is a nicer monitor if you're willing to pay for the higher price, but Samsung 930BF is a winner in value and performance. My two cents...

I am thinking of three different Samsung models for my upcoming build and the 930BF was one of them... decisions, decisions....

It's hard. I'm edging for the Viewsonic too because it's the fastest one I've seen, but the cost is a bit high. I live in CA and we have sales tax here that's going to be added on to that plus shipping. Samsung one looks like it for me. It's got tons of positive reviews for that particular model and excellent for gaming.

What's the other two Samsung monitors you were looking at?

Yes. I'm using an older 15" LCD monitor and need something to take advantage of the new 7800GT video card I just ordered.

Ah yes sales tax... we got that here too... and then shipping! But I was looking at the 930bf and then the 913T and then you showed me th[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]e 193P+ which is a bit pricy but for the money i think the 930BF is the best and it has the quickest responce time of the 3 but the 193P has the better resolution of 1000:1.[/font]

Have you seen the Viewsonic ones? They are also terribly good too. I'm emailing all my friends to see if they want to buy the monitor I'm using now so I can get some money to buy the new one. Perhaps the Samsung 930BF is the one I'll get too. That 19" is huge and will do excellent for gaming playing at max resolution. They only go up to 1280x1024 though.

Well I have a 19 inch LCD right now at the moment. Its a very cheap IBM one and the text goes blurry if i dont keep the resolution at 1024x768. I thought 1280x1024 is the best resolution???

Yeah, it's high and good enough I guess. Make sure to use the DVI feature though for maximum quality. The digital interface does wonders. I wish it can support higher resolutions though, but it's ok.

What is the highest resolution possible???? And I checked out the Viewsonic VX924 looks niceee but the 550:1 contrast ratio is the only downside.

Back
Top Bottom